In & Out Weight Loss (What do you look like inside?)

Options
With all of the focus on outward beauty I see a lot of people with weight problems lose the weight for just one reason.... to beautify the outward appearance. Nothing wrong with that, but with those same stories you see that their weight loss meter is also attached to their emotional or happy meter as well. They have other beauty issues going on the inside. True success of "weight" loss is inward and outward beauty. There is more to life than flesh and bone. Matter of fact, the REAL you is inside. Let us all work on being healthy inside and out.

What Tip, Suggestion or Testimony would you share for "inward weight loss" ? (i.e. forgiveness,)

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    When I finally made up my mind and decided that my weight was not going to define me or keep me from doing things I wanted to like wear shorts or a bathing suit, people started coming up to me and asking me if I lost weight. At that point I hadn't lost an once but I unburdened my inside self.
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Being POSITIVE! You have no control over some circumstances in life.. don't take things seriously, don't dwell on things, learn to let go and let be! Focus on your goals.. take care of you! Be happy, live happy.. spread some cheer! It will definately make others want to be around you! :bigsmile:
  • stresstour
    Options
    These are excellent, keep'em coming. Sounds like both of you are saying, reach out to others! :)
  • yarneycat
    yarneycat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I finally made up my mind and decided that my weight was not going to define me or keep me from doing things I wanted to like wear shorts or a bathing suit, people started coming up to me and asking me if I lost weight. At that point I hadn't lost an once but I unburdened my inside self.

This. Definitely this.

Also I stopped comparing myself to every other woman in the room to see where I ranked size-wise.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Finally realized my body and my life didn't just happen to me...I could make them happen. Taking charge!
  • stresstour
    Options
    Finally realized my body and my life didn't just happen to me...I could make them happen. Taking charge!

That's awesome! Admitting we need to change is half the victory.