PB Protein Powder??

Options
I have an unhealthy addiction to peanut butter. Given a spoon & jar, I can blow a day's worth of cals in less than 2 minutes. :noway: So.....I've heard good things about PB2 (yet to try) but also want to know if anyone out there can recommend a quality, low carb, tasty, PB Protein Powder.

I've wasted money before on Protein Powders that taste like chalk but have also invested money in some that are amazing (brands which of course do not come in peanut butter).

Thanks!

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    quality, low carb, tasty, PB Protein Powder

This is an oxymoron.
  • Event_Horizon975
    Event_Horizon975 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    quality, low carb, tasty, PB Protein Powder

This is an oxymoron.
    I've always been a dreamer.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=9M-1005#.UgurXZKTi8A

I ran out of this stuff a while back and haven't bought more because of the price, but it was actually pretty good when mixed with skim or almond milk. Lately I've just been making PB banana protein smoothies using 1 scoop vanilla, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, frozen banana, 2-3T pb2 and a little water.
  • Event_Horizon975
    Options
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=9M-1005#.UgurXZKTi8A

I ran out of this stuff a while back and haven't bought more because of the price, but it was actually pretty good when mixed with skim or almond milk. Lately I've just been making PB banana protein smoothies using 1 scoop vanilla, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, frozen banana, 2-3T pb2 and a little water.
    Thanks! I will check it out. :drinker:
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I really LOVE the PB Powder so I got some PB with extra protein powder and I am not that fond of it. I have it so I am using it but have to add other flavors to it. The extra protein is from peas and I taste that. I will not be purchasing it again and just stick with the regular PB Powder. Also it is only a few grams more of protein so not that worth it is my 2 cents.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress makes a pretty good chocolate peanut butter whey protein powder. I think it's like 7 grams of carbs and 26 grams of protein per scoop and has a really good flavor. Don't waste your money on the expensive powders. Most of them taste like crap and don't offer any benefit over some of the more inexpensive brands anyway.
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just bought a couple jars of PB2 for the first time and it's good but it is a really light taste.. Might need more than 1 serving for the stronger peanut butter taste I guess. Nothing beats regular peanut butter though. I still eat it if it fits into my macros
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My feelings on PB2 is pretty much meh. I add it to a few things for a bit of flavor, but it tends to be a let down when compared to real PB. Some places stock the dark version, and I know a few that really like that one. I have never found it in my little town.
  • Event_Horizon975
    Options
    I just bought a couple jars of PB2 for the first time and it's good but it is a really light taste.. Might need more than 1 serving for the stronger peanut butter taste I guess. Nothing beats regular peanut butter though. I still eat it if it fits into my macros

I'm the same way but it's like potato chips for me....can't stop at just one...or two....or three... :tongue:
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options

I'm the same way but it's like potato chips for me....can't stop at just one...or two....or three... :tongue:

Yeah peanut butter is like crack for me too. No self control with that can destroy your day though hah
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Matrix also makes a peanut butter cookie protein powder. I think it's good (I like their mint cookie a lot as well). 120 calories, 3 carbs, 23 g protein per scoop.
  • Event_Horizon975
    Options
    Syntrax Matrix also makes a peanut butter cookie protein powder. I think it's good (I like their mint cookie a lot as well). 120 calories, 3 carbs, 23 g protein per scoop.
    This sounds good too! ...and mint cookie???? Whassup!!!!!

Thanks all for your input! :flowerforyou: