Who else needs to lose 80-90 lbs like me??

Options
Ok, I just joined today and I am looking for anyone out there who also needs to lose 80-90 lbs. (I want to lose 88!). This is such a large amount of weight and it will take about a year to do, so having supportive friends will definitely help! Please add me as a friend and join me in this adventure!! Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• epeterson17
    Options
    Actually I do! I am trying really hard to get healthy so I can help you if you help me :) I love this website by the way! its nice to see the tracker and I love how it tells you what you would weigh in 5 weeks.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have about 76 to go now...It seems daunting so I'm trying to take mine 5 pounds at a time, so it doesn't seem so big.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started with just under 100 lbs to lose. I've lost a little over 30, so I have about 70 more to go. You CAN do it - just take it one day at a time. I take it in 10 lbs increments - Right now I'm focused on getting down into the 180s. That makes it less overwhelming, since losing 10 lbs isn't as scary sounding as 80/90/100!
  • Tasha1476
    Options
    Hey!

When I first joined, I had almost 80 lbs to lose (going from 198 to 120). I've now lost 29 but am still on a long journey! Feel free to add me and I will be there for moral support or whatever you need. :D
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    welcome
    I too need to loose about 80 more pounds. I have been on this journey a little over 2 months and have lost 19 lbs. I am taking it 20 lbs at a time. If I just concentrate on the next 20 lbs then it doesnt seem so overwhelming. And for every 20lbs I will reward myself. I would love to support each other. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on doing something just for you...:happy: I was a single mom for awhile, and I know how tough life can be! I also know that being on here is an amazing encouragement! Good luck to you! See you around:flowerforyou:
  • maprotano
    Options
    I am there for you too! We can encourage each other! I'm really excited to shop again in my closet. I'm glad I joined this website as well. So many tools to help you achieve your goal.
  • fullboost
    fullboost Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat! Lost most of it now but if i can get to my goal weight it'll be around 90lbs in total!
    Still got a way to go, so much harder when most of its gone. Happy to support you and others though
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I have between 75 and 80 or so pounds to lose until I'm at my goal weight, and I'm 53 pounds down so far of that. Feel free to add me :)
  • slg334
    Options
    ME! Add me:)
  • jalovec
    Options
    Hello! I want to lose a total of 80 pounds. I started in July, and have lost 17 pounds so far, so 63 to go. This website really does work. Some days are challenging, but entering your calories really does make you feel more accountable, and I've learned a lot about which foods really use up the calories quickly. It really does help to have support along the way. And like other people are saying, it does help to set smaller goals along the way. Rewarding yourself when you reach your goals gives you something to look forward to. Yeah! You're doing it!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I do! Have about 150 to lose total. have lost 30 so faar, so about 120 left.. mini goal of 36lbs, then 50lbs
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Me! I started out with about 110 to lose and have at least 90 left to lose now (realistically, I probably need to lose about 100 more from now... but for now I am happy to just strive for a healthy weight!)
  • mrocka
    mrocka Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Your well on your way!! I have to lose more than 80pds lets just take it one day at a time im going to add you!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I started in May with 90 lbs to lose....I'm 41 down so almost halfway there! MFP is a wonderful place to help you out & it is very encouraging & challenging! I love getting into challenges with people - it helps out tremendously! Find some challenges on the boards & join in! I started with 5 lbs a month challenge which runs each month and went from there...I actually was hitting about 10 lbs each month! YOU CAN DO IT! Feel free to add me as a friend & I'll definitely help you out! :flowerforyou:
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    ME!! I started in mid June with 85 lbs. to lose and have lost 22, so have 63 to go! I work on the mini goals I set for myself and don't focus on the finish line. Soooo much more do-able that way. Add me as a friend! I'd love to encourage you as well. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • MandiWS
    Options
    Hi, I just started my journey a couple of days ago and I have close to 150 pounds to lose, so I wiill be here for quite awhile......unless of course I find where the magic genie is hiding so he can snap his fingers and make the entire battle fast forward! =)
  • akaDumbo
    Options
    I've got about another 90lbs to go so I will be around for a long time yet if you want to add me as a friend :flowerforyou: