protein

Options
Frequently I go a little over (or sometimes more than a little over) my protein allowance for the day. I guess that's because I've been trying to eat high protein/high fiber foods that are low in fat and calories and sugar. Oftentimes, I go over on fiber, but I now know this is okay, because the allowance they give me for that is very skimpy. But what about protein? Should I expect repercussions if I go over on protein?

Replies

• meshaffer
    meshaffer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The trainer/nutritionist that I am working with said that protein is the best one to go over on. As long as it is lean protein, you should be fine. Also, if you are working out, it really helps with recovery. Those were his recommendations. We eat a lot of fiber too. :)

Good luck!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    I manually reset my stats for Protein as I definitely go over every day - it's good for building muscle and reparing body tissue after exercise xxx
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    ok, phew! That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up!
  • fullboost
    fullboost Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I personally try to eat more protein than MFP tells me too and less carbs as i do quite a lot of weight training at the gym. Even if you're not doing that, it's one of the best to go over on as it will still help with recovery from any other type of excercise, it also uses most energy and takes a while to digest.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    Tis better to go over on protein than it is carbs -- your body can manufacture everything it needs out of protein (some will argue this is the preferred pathway) whereas it can only use immediately or store as fat the sugars created from breaking down carbs. Look up gluconeogenesis.