I haven't been this weight for 10 years.

Options
Today I am finally down to a weight I was in 2003 or so. It's a bit strange for me seeing this number on the scale. Up until now I have looked at the number and it went straight to me understanding the number except for that time I went to the doctors and got weighed for the first time in like 2 years, the 2 weeks later I was down 7 pounds, I was in shock then. Anyway, this number is like I dunno if I am ready for it. Any way, I am going to keep going and before I know it there will be a new number that I also can't comprehend and a new size to get used to.

I know a lot of people that have a lot to lose go through this. So, I am not looking for validation. But, I would love to hear stories and about how long it takes to adjust to the new numbers and how long after goal weight it takes to get used to that.

Replies

• ReadyToBeMeAt160
    ReadyToBeMeAt160 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    its such a weird feeling! and can totally relate. I'd say having photos taken of yourself - or even taking them yourself - will help you adapt. and get use to this new (again) you.

Of course you know my strategy - at 200 lbs (down from 228) I made this profile. Otherwise I kept drifting backwards because I saw 200 (and below) as some place I shouldn't be, that wasn't me.

I'd be interesting to know what approach others have used.

Of course many congrats! you've accomplished great things and I'm sure you'll keep moving in a healthier/happier direction.
  • Far2shy
    Far2shy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    3 more pounds and ill be the smallest I've been since college. 11 more pounds and ill be as small as I was in high school! Its so close I can taste it.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you, I can only imagine what that's like, you must be REALLY excited!!!

I broke down my goals into 4 stages, JUST REACHED THE FIRST ONE, 19 days into my diet. and I'm SOOO EXCITED!

#0 Start Diet (Weight: 210-215lbs.) - July/26/2013
    #1 Get Below 200lbs. - ACHIEVED (Currently 199 lbs., BMI 32.6, obese) - Aug/14/2013
    #2 No longer obese 180lbs. (BMI 29.5, overweight)
    #3 No longer overweight 150lbs. (BMI 24.6, normal)
    #4 Goal Weight 120lbs. (BMI 19.7 normal) READY FOR BABY MAKING!!!

I've been in the 205-215 range for about 2 years, I'm so happy!!!
    I'm starting to wear clothes that haven't fit me for a couple of years!!!