Is any else Lose weight before getting Pregnant

Options
13»

Replies

• kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I lost 45lbs after my second baby, then found out i was expecting again 16months later, im expecting in november and have been using mfp all the way through :-)
  • ALC32JB
    ALC32JB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I have ever responded to a thread on here so I hope I do it right! I lost 110 on my own (mostly low carb) and am now seeing how I feel doing carb cycling. I am "patiently" (HAHA!) waiting for my bf to give me a ring and am trying to use wedding and future babies as motivation to lose the next 60 pounds and become as healthy as possible. I struggle with emotional eating for sure and am super sensitive to sugar in any form. Would love to have some supportive friends on here for motivation so feel free to add me!!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've already lost about 50-60 lbs, but I'd like to lose 100 before I start to try - I at least want to be under 200 before getting prego. I'm 20lbs away from that. Hubs and I are talking about trying sometime next year.
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Hoping to minimize the weight gain by dropping a few before getting pregnant. It looks like there are a lot of women doing the same on MFP! We need to start a group :D
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight for aout a year and a hald now. Only 15-20 lbs to go! It seems like it's taking soo long now and I'm getting so impatient.
  • Boofuls
    Boofuls Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello. Similar to lots of you. I want to lose another 50lbs or so as a long term thing but want to drop 20 before starting a family. Hoping to be able to start early next year. I've sent some friend requests or please anyone add me if you like!

Good luck to everybody
  • pita91
    pita91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    why hello :) We seem to be in the same situation about wanting to lose weight before becoming pregnant. We are starting to try for our first baby again and I am trying to lose at least 30 pounds so I can have a healthy pregnancy and of course get the cute little baby bump.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I was trying to drop 25 pounds before IVF, and more if possible, and my IVF is next month! I'm not sure if being overweight has much to do with being infertile, but it does have an effect on carrying the baby to terms so I decided if I was serious than I needed o act as if I was -- so in June I got a personal trainer and started watching what I'm taking into my body. I have "unexplained" infertility, so they're basically saying it's because I'm over 37 and considered old.

I have a fatty liver, obesity and I have atrial fibrillation, too, so I've got quite the trifecta going on! I was "prediabetic" and my doctors put me on Metformin previously saying it would help with pregnancy. I quit that and decided diet and exercise will now be my medication. So far, it seems good.

Wish me luck!
  • XsnakyX
    XsnakyX Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was just starting to lose weight. My goal was to lose it all by my birthday in November. I just found out a week ago that i am pregnant. If all goes well, next year will have to be the pregnancy weight which I hope is not too much, plus the additional 20 pounds I was on my way to losing.

Btw, my husband and I were not going to start trying until next year, so this was a surprise for us.
  • Brensgettinready
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I'm not sure if this board is even active anymore but if it is I would like to join the conversation. I'm in my early 40s, in fertility treatment and trying to have a baby BUT want to loose about 15 - 18 lbs before my next try. I had surgery in early Feb and thus was advised to wait a couple of weeks before exercising. I'm ready to go to the gym and eat better so that I can be ready, fit and healthy. I wish everyone the best and let's stay in touch.