Full body strength workout at home

Options
HI, guys. I don't have access to all the stuff needed to do the stronglifts thing, but I would like to do a full body strength routine at home. I have some small barbells (I can barely lift more than 5 or 8 lbs right now) Any suggestions?

Replies

• fitzonegirl
    fitzonegirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have used youtube for workouts maybe check there. Good Luck!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Instructions:
    1000 rep work out
    10 rounds of the following:

10 1/2 Burpees (no pushup)
    10 Sandbag Jump Squats
    10 Push Ups
    10 Toe Touch Sit Ups
    10 Elbow Dips
    10 Jump Tucks
    10 Plank Jacks (on elbows)
    10 Jump Lunges
    10 Leg Drops
    10 Plank Jumps (F/B)

feel free to modify and do only half- or half the reps per exercise whatever you need. It's a ball buster.
  • Dorothy4208
    Dorothy4208 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Instructions:
    1000 rep work out
    10 rounds of the following:

10 1/2 Burpees (no pushup)
    10 Sandbag Jump Squats
    10 Push Ups
    10 Toe Touch Sit Ups
    10 Elbow Dips
    10 Jump Tucks
    10 Plank Jacks (on elbows)
    10 Jump Lunges
    10 Leg Drops
    10 Plank Jumps (F/B)

feel free to modify and do only half- or half the reps per exercise whatever you need. It's a ball buster.

This is like reading a foreign language. Will have to look most of these up.
  • Nikusz
    Nikusz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started my adventures in strength training with Chalean Extreme DVD, it's one of older beachbody programmes. you need dumbbells, preferably adjustable, or (a set of) resistance band(s). it's 3 months, resistance workouts 3x week, plus cardio, abs and stretch for the remaining days.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of kettlebells. The exercises you do with kettlebells work more than just your arms because your core has to stablilize you as you perfom swings and stuff. They're really fun and there are many great kettlebell workouts on YouTube, notably the Fitness Blender series.
  • SonnyN9
    Options
    Actually, your body is already a great source for weight. Just need to do a different variation of a pushup, or plank. Changing from two legs to one leg.

Kettlebells are great too. A lot of creative exercises you can do with kettlebells.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Keeping it simple do a push, pull & squat exercise. Repeat.
    Push ups-if you cant do regular ones, do them against a counter or hands on steps, lowering a step as you build strength
    Rows-little trickier, can be done on a door with sturdy hinges and doorknobs. Straddle door, grab door knob or wrap a towel for grip, pull towards door, squeezing back muscles tight. adjust feet forward/back to change tension. As you get stronger you can do these under a table, pulling yourself up.
    Squats & lunges, for legs

check out these sites
    nerdfitness,com
    YAYOG
    shotofadrenaline.net