High on pot

Options
magerum
magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
White potato, spinach, chicken breast, milk, & broccoli are all delicious high potassium foods that I eat daily. Easily reaching my goals of 4500 - 5000 mg. Eat your potassium!

What are yours?

http://potassiumrichfoods.com/potassium-rich-foods-list/

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I think that title was intentionally misleading.

But yeah, it's all about the bananas with me.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Sub out potato with banana, and our list would be the same!
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think that title was intentionally misleading.

^^^ Lol.... Curiosity gets me every time :).... Banana's for me to :) as well as Chicken breast and broccoli yum!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Banana's seem to get all the hype - There are many choices that pack more potassium, white potato being 1 example.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    spinach, chicken breast, and a potassium supplement for me :)
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I thought FINALLY, someone else logging weed cookies. But no, I was wrong. Carry on.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes, black beans, potatoes, sockeye, halibut, chicken, spinach, broccoli, V8 Juice (not on list), Cocnut water (not on list), brussels sprouts,
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Bananas!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I thought FINALLY, someone else logging weed cookies. But no, I was wrong. Carry on.

I just log them like normal cookies. It is rare to find any greens that have a substantial amount of calories, so no worries.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Bananas.

But I'm not trying to get 4k to 5k mg of potassium either!! :noway:
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Bananas and broccoli but I tend to forget about the good 'ol white potato which I love - must add to grocery list!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I buy potatoes, and then I never get around to using them and end up throwing most of them away, so I just gave up. Except for Tyler's Tater Tot Casserole! We definitely got our white potatoes on there. :bigsmile:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    spinach, Yukon gold potatoes, and lots of fresh tomatoes!!!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

I just log them like normal cookies. It is rare to find any greens that have a substantial amount of calories, so no worries.

I do Subway cookies on account of all the butter. Thank goodness I only need 1/2:laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I do Subway cookies on account of all the butter. Thank goodness I only need 1/2:laugh:

Yeah, if they are done right, 1/2 cookie, or a full one at two" diameter, will get the job done. :bigsmile:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Coffee 116mg/8oz cup

and I'm drinking that *kitten* all day!

ETA: Oh, and mushrooms, spinach, garbanzo beans, black beans and tomatoes - hey, that's everything I put in my turkey wraps for lunch, 'cepting the turkey of course.
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Yeah, if they are done right, 1/2 cookie, or a full one at two" diameter, will get the job done. :bigsmile:

This is the best ever
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Multivitamin >.< I don't get enough natural potassium :(
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Coffee 116mg/8oz cup

and I'm drinking that *kitten* all day!

ETA: Oh, and mushrooms, spinach, garbanzo beans, black beans and tomatoes - hey, that's everything I put in my turkey wraps for lunch, 'cepting the turkey of course.

Learned something new everyday. I guess it's my coffee intake that keeps my potassium up. :yawn: