Your Other Hobbys, Pass Times etc:

Options
mike_usmc
mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
We can work out until we are blue in the face, but every now and again we need a little fun! Do you dance, play tennis, play soccer, or just like to cruise on the motorcycle? What is some other things you like to do besides building up a sweat?

For me I play hockey, and I've been playing since around 1996, a very fun pass time for me. I also program video games for the PC/MAC and mobile devices. I also teach programming on the side as sort of a fun hobby, my teachings have been featured in game developers magazines, and monthly news letters. I also play video games, and I have this massive heart for animals. So I volunteer at shelters across South Carolina, when I can. My favorite animal is the cow, and I think they are cute, and my goal is to own one! Yes thats right. For a pet, not for food!

Replies

• skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Skydiving of course
    Flying
    Anything on the lake and camping
    Concerts
    Softball
    Drinking too much
  • brokenapart
    Options
    I used to do trick shooting on horseback. I train and compete in canine agility and tracking still, but would like to lose a little more weight and gain a little more core strength before going back on any kind of trick riding gig.
  • BeverlyHillsCop
    BeverlyHillsCop Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy spending time outdoors soaking up my surroundings. I've been going to the beach a few times a week and have found it to be the perfect mental cleanse. We also have many gorgeous hikes throughout the various hills extending across the Los Angeles landscape.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Practice martial arts, online gaming (SWTOR), Karaoke, reading, going to the zoo with my daughter, eating out.
  • fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I like to read, play games, sing, and spend time with the kids, oh and travel
  • gundlach04
    Options
    I like to spend time with friends and jam out. I haven't had much time lately since I started back to school and have 4 kids and a brand new granddaughter. I play the bass , not real well, but enjoy it none the less. I want to devote more time to learning the guitar and other instruments. I have a house full of instruments.

“Where words fail, music speaks.”

― Hans Christian Andersen
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Anything with my kids and pretty much anything outdoors. Concerts, amusement parks, water parks, going to the movies. Hanging out with friends and family is always fun too.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Cross Stitching, Crocheting, Sewing, Drawing
    Record hunting, listening to records and reading on the deck on a sunny day.
    Hanging out with my family, playing board games.
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Over the years my husband and I have owned & flown 2 hot air balloons. We spend some of our leisure time hiking and camping in the summer months, but mostly we attend auctions and fairs all around the country as we are both interested in antiques
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Darts and cabin building:)

I run one of the worlds top dart websites (www.sewa-darts.com) and have played most of my life.
  • brandynot
    brandynot Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love dancing. Once upon a time I wanted to take up competitive Latin Ballroom dancing. Music is also a passion of mine...singing, playing, and listening. And I am a water baby...so give me a pool, a beach or even a seat in view of water and I am happy.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Coaching & watching my kids play softball/baseball (excited to watch my daughter play her first season of collegiate softball!)
    Photography & Editing Photos (though I typically get paid for this, I do it as a hobby/passion as well)
    Listening to music/Concerts
    Riding my motorcycle
    Camping/Hiking
    Cooking
  • oDDnySS
    oDDnySS Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Volleyball (drunk or sober!) and outdoor concerts and festivals!!! Also, quarry diving in the Catskills :-)
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Beach/pool
    Reading
    Cooking
    Home renovations
    Decorating
    Crafty stuff
    Photography
    Dancing
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Fishing
    Shooting at the gun range
    Singing...used to be in a cover band before kids/husband/life.
    Tinkering around the house with mini-projects
    Lawn work.

Good god I'm boring.
  • kevinpruitt
    kevinpruitt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    BJJ
    Fishing/hunting..season dependent
    mmo video games (wow)
    my saltwater reef aquarium
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Playing video games
    Reading and Writing
    Watching Youtube stuff
    Dancing like a madwoman to bad kpop
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Aww nice, I used to volunteer at shelters too, I loved it :)

I love being busy and involved! So I'm on the board of a nonprofit org and do some pro bono legal work, also working with my dad on a few business ventures, we have a startup together. Hobbies - I love playing pub quiz, my friends and I are in a national tournament this weekend! Also love to read, and I'm really into cultural stuff so I like going to plays, museums, stuff like that. And is shopping a hobby? :)
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Softball
    Volleyball
    Horseback riding
    Singing
    Guitar
    Piano
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options