sweet tooth

Options
gawx
gawx Posts: 52 Member
recently i keep craving sweet foods particularly chocolate, which is unusual for me as i don't have much of a sweet tooth! any ideas how to stop this or any healthy alternatives? thanks

Replies

• zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    fruit is good to fill that craving if you must. I like to eat a giant bowl of broccoli or lettuce and it makes me feel full
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    The Walmart near my house carries Arctic Zero, a pint of ice cream labeled only 150 calories, and it contains no artificial sweeteners of any kind. Whenever I'm craving sweets, usually I'll stop buy and pick one up for about $4.00 and it'll fill me up (since it's an entire pint haha), and I usually log it around 250 calories due to controversy over if it's actually only 150 calories or not. Hope this helps! :)
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    recently i keep craving sweet foods particularly chocolate, which is unusual for me as i don't have much of a sweet tooth! any ideas how to stop this or any healthy alternatives? thanks

This often means you do not get enough protein in your diet. Try upping your protein and see if that works.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

This often means you do not get enough protein in your diet. Try upping your protein and see if that works.
    [/quote]

Thanks for that info, I never had a sweet tooth until I lost a lot of weight, i was a salty food girl, now its all about sweet.
  • bruinschick13
    bruinschick13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fruit is good to have instead, although you should keep your fruit intake to 1-2 servings a day due to sugar (turns to fat of course).
    I also use shakeology which helps BIG time. It's also a meal supplement. All 100% natural, no chemicals like in Body by Vi or Slim Fast, etc. I can't stand putting chemicals into my body. Just isn't right, lol.
    You can also have nuts.
    Check this out....

If you crave this… What you really need is… And here are healthy foods that have it:

Chocolate Magnesium Raw nuts and seeds, legumes, fruits

Sweets Chromium Broccoli, grapes, cheese, dried beans, calves liver, chicken
    Carbon Fresh fruits
    Phosphorus Chicken, beef, liver, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts, legumes, grains
    Sulfur Cranberries, horseradish, cruciferous vegetables, kale, cabbage
    Tryptophan Cheese, liver, lamb, raisins, sweet potato, spinach

If you ever want some help or are looking for motivation, I have a FB group that is closed, just for people like us :smile:
    I can add you if you're on FB. All you need to do is add me as a coach on Team Beachbody...and then I'll do the rest! :smile:
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    ^^^^what she said

Try dark chocolate, having a serving of your favorite chocolate or buying chocolate protein shake.
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Give your sweet tooth a name - a ridiculous name. Mine is named "Fat Panties." Then, when I get the urge, I say loudly (in my head) "No, Fat Panties! NO!" Stupid, but it works.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothies with honey instead of sugar. they're delish. my fave chocolates are crunchy ones (kit-kat, twix, crunch, etc.) so I grab a few almonds to get my crunch on. if that doesn't work, drink 3 giant glasses of water. I've trained myself to drink water every time I think i'm getting hungry or craving something. i read somewhere that for overeaters it's common to misinterpret thirst for hunger and cravings.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Look at this chart:

http://nutritiouslife12.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/untitled-2.jpg

I wasn't too far off, just remembered i saw this somewhere, so here you go!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Give your sweet tooth a name - a ridiculous name. Mine is named "Fat Panties." Then, when I get the urge, I say loudly (in my head) "No, Fat Panties! NO!" Stupid, but it works.

I absolutely love this! :laugh: I think I'll start using it from now on :smile:
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I like the different Luna or Kind bars with chocolate in them. There's a Dark Chocolate Cherry Almond Kind bar that is amazing, and just as satisflying as a candy bar
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    This is the best thing I've seen in a while! LOL :love: :laugh:
  • aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Luna's Coconut Dream (?) is like an Almond Joy. Nothing wrong with a little chocolate, unless you can't stop. Viactiv makes a calcium supplement chew that comes in chocolate - also caramel. Sometimes that's my dessert for the day!
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I've always been a sweet tooth and in the future I'm not sure that's going to change. Although I haven't had a chance to try it, I have heard that frozen grapes taste very similar to hard boiled sweets, if that helps at all :).
  • willandjaye
    willandjaye Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I love this!
  • tonythebuick
    Options
    I found that when I removed all gluten from my diet, those cravings went away.
  • laneice78
    laneice78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I loooove kind bars, and the dark chocolate with the cherries is fabulous!!
  • phyl303
    phyl303 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you are really craving something in particular, have it. Just keep your portion size, even if it's only a bite, to what fits your day.

Even if you go over your daily calories by a little bit, the craving won't be driving you crazy.

Sometimes just that little bite is enough to remind you why you are avoiding larger portions.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    More protein and less carbs. Carbs can make you crave more carbs, sugar being a carb, you get where I'm going with this. Then, if you gave a craving which should be few and far between, scratch the itch.

Rigger
  • pankuneho
    pankuneho Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Put a frozen banana in a food processor (or blender), and add some cocoa powder and milk to blend it all up. The banana makes it naturally sweet, and you can ALMOST pretend it is chocolate ice cream. Give it a try! Also, a cup of hot chocolate satisfies my chocolate cravings, but is way less calories than eating chocolate candies.