Night shift workers

Options
goatse911
goatse911 Posts: 5
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
For those who work the night shift (10pm to 8am here) do you set your clock for a different time zone? I noticed if you don't click "finished" by 3 am in the morning it won't count your days of consecutive log ins. For those who work nights, this is obviously not possible.

How far off do you set your time zone/any other way around this?

Replies

• jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If you log just one scrap of bread or 1 calorie of workout then you get credit for logging that day. I rarely hit that button anymore and continue to get updates of my consecutive logs every 5 days.You can hit it any time to get your "6 week message" You can go back to days gone past and click it to get that message. I work 7a-7p and 7p-7a. Good luck.

911? I'm an EM doc. What kind of first responder are you?

also if you look at my food log I made a 7p-7a and 7a-7p meal time for when I go off schedule due to night shift and switching back between days and nights. I still use midnight as my cutoff when working and generally don't eat or drink anything from midnight until 6am or 7am so I can do my daily weigh in :)
  • goatse911
    Options
    Really? I noticed a lot of friends who said that if it went three hours past midnight and didn't click "complete log" they lost their record. But maybe they just tried to add in retrospect after two days or something / maybe MFP has fixed that technical issue?

And I like the idea of making time scheduled meals as opposed to "breakfast / lunch / dinner / snacks." Breakfast can be as late as 9 pm here, so I generally have just been categorizing food based off of what kind of food they are, disregarding the hour and using the frequent button.

EM Doc? Very cool. RN on this end.
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I never click the complete log entry because I don't want all my friends to see that I like NEVER stay under goal. :noway:
  • jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Really? I noticed a lot of friends who said that if it went three hours past midnight and didn't click "complete log" they lost their record. But maybe they just tried to add in retrospect after two days or something / maybe MFP has fixed that technical issue?

EM Doc? Very cool. RN on this end.

emergency Medicine Doc= Emergency Room Doctor

Once I put an entry for a snack for the next day. Then during that day I did not put any other entries because of major life drama. I also did not click "complete logging" for that day. Few days later I got the "congrats" for consecutive logging message. I wasn't expecting that so I stopped waiting for midnight to click that damn button and logging for 90+ days now.

Note: ALWAYS log something before midnight. sometimes it is a day or more in advance or the same day.
This discussion has been closed.