6 pounds in one week?

Options
So I changed my life about a year ago started eating better and working out...ect. I dropped 40# and got stuck around 225# roughly 20%bf. I started using MFP a little over a week ago to see if I could break thru the platu. So now im weighing my food and counting calories. I weigh myself every morning as soon as I wake up (after bathroom). and I started at 225 and this morning I was at 217.8. Seems too fast to be accurate.

Replies

• CecilLBishop
    Options
    Probably water weight (1 gal= 8.4 lbs)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    From 215 to 217.8 = a gain of 2.8 pounds (insignificant, probably water).

How did you compute the 6 pounds you mention?
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Yeah, a chunk of that would be water.

See how things work out the next couple of weeks. I lose in bursts, so I'll stay the same one week and then I'll lose 2.5-4 pounds the next. I don't worry about it being too much because it averages into a healthy amount with the weeks I don't lose.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    From 215 to 217.8 = a gain of 2.8 pounds (insignificant, probably water).

How did you compute the 6 pounds you mention?

I think he meant 225. Most likely just water weight, not uncommon to drop like that the first week or two.

Rigger
  • jkoenig1980
    jkoenig1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    yes 225 I fixed it. Maybe cutting back on food also lowered my sodium where I dropped water. Yall are prob right. I got scared a little to be honest.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    less salt means less water..
  • jkoenig1980
    jkoenig1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I guess im closer to my goal than I thought.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Usually the first week I've been on any change in diet that put me in a place where I was eating better, I lost more weight than any other single week. So next week, don't count on the six. But you might get two!
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I hate water weight. I am currently up 10 pounds in just a few weeks from my lowest weight and my problem is it just doesn't go down. At best it goes down just half a pound a day but it doesn't last and it is easy to shoot back up.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Usually the first week I've been on any change in diet that put me in a place where I was eating better, I lost more weight than any other single week. So next week, don't count on the six. But you might get two!

bingo! THIS ^^^^^^^^^^