Dump the wine during the week

Options
I have noticed a bad habit of drinking most days of the week. I am hoping to lose 5 stone so need to drop the booze & wasted calories. Feel free to join me support always appreciated.

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I too like to drink every day. I always log the calories, but sheesh. It's not like it's anything I NEED. When I don't have it around, I don't drink, so I tend to buy stuff, drink it, then not buy anything else for a few days. I like your idea of saving it for the weekends!

I'm new, how do I join you?
  • Siegel15
    Siegel15 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just got back from a six day trip to London and I drank wine or beer every evening.
    We walked so much, I burned it all off, including the calories eaten.
    Calculating in the calories into your daily net, seems you can have your
    Wine and eat it too. Just burn it all off with in your calorie boundaries.
    My dad did when he went on diet to lose 60 pounds.
    He drank every evening and still got down to college weight at age 55.
  • shortmomma81
    Options
    I wish I had your determination but I love to drink. It helps my brain relax since I'm a little o/c.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
    ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Vivarocks
    Options
    :drinker:

I love my white wine and so I think this is were I gain my weight.

I'm going to try and cut out the wine during the week and perhaps save it for the weekends.

I've just recovered from surgery so wine was my friend.. :laugh: But now I have some major weight to lose. So here it goes!
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I wish I had your determination but I love to drink. It helps my brain relax since I'm a little o/c.

~ Benjamin Franklin
    For the record, Ben Franklin never said that. It's an urban legend.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I just work it in. Will Run for Rum.:drinker:
  • blc1971
    blc1971 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love a nice glass of wine in the evening but since losing weight I find that I have almost no tolerance any more!! I've decided I just can't handle even one glass during the week as it makes me sleepy and then sluggish the next day. I have a harder time working out the following day too. I save my glass for the weekend when I can relax, enjoy it, and not worry about having to get up so early the next morning. Cheers!!
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I love to have a drink at the end of the day - it relaxes me and helps me wind down and get ready to sleep. 2 drinks? Even better. 3 drinks? Maybe too many calories!

However I am trying to cut way back, simply b/c I need the cals for food. Also beers make me retain water and feel bloated. Wine is not too bad if you only have one glass or two, but if I do it every evening, I get the same result as beer.

So, waiting...until Friday...lol visiting a winery with friends.

-Christy
  • ladyjay71
    ladyjay71 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, too many empty calories and sugar, I am trying no wine at all for a while, let's see how it goes! Good luck to you!
  • knityoupants
    knityoupants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Any other winos out there can feel free to add me! I'm a bartender and I admit I drink a lot... but I always count it, and (believe it or not), I'm drinking about half of what I was before MFP. I'm here because I don't want to deprive myself in order to lose weight, but a support network is great for my efforts to cut back :)
  • lu1506
    lu1506 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Morning all, so no wine last night I did waver about 6.30 - 7.30 whilst having dinner but was ok after that. Stuck to my calories too which I probably wouldn't have done as the wine would take me over & then the cheese etc
    Feel good this morning without the Sahara desert mouth too !!

Have a good day

Louise :)
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Morning Louise! I decided to cut the booze this week and i haven't had a glass of wine, or any alcohol, since Sunday. The first couple of nights i struggled to relax in the evening and had disturbed sleep but last night i slept like a log, at last. I feel much better in the mornings too.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Another daily drinker here - but it fits in my calories so I'm not planning on changing it yet!

LOVE the "will run for rum" - this is totally up my alley! :drinker:
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Lu! Wine and cheese are my two favourite food groups and have become a daily necessity, explains a lot about how I look and feel. I wouldn't worry too much if it fit within my calories but I can happily finish a bottle in one sitting which happens far too frequently for my liking. I don't even want to think about the state of my liver.

I'm aiming for at least 5 AFDs a week (starting after my champagne brunch this weekend :wink:).

Good luck :drinker:
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I drink my wine on Friday, just making sure I got 550 calories spare for my bottle
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Add me. I need a kick up the *kitten*.

I like to drink most days but last night I celebrated an anniversary with tequila and now I truly regret it. I have to go to work uggghhh
  • Shesaid_destroy
    Options
    I came to the same conclusion, i.e. Cutting off all booze could only be beneficial : less calories, less eating (when i drink i tend to 'relax' and let my guard down) and also the added health benefit of being abstinent.

Right now, i am on vacation, so i am drinking again 2 or 3 glasses everyday.

Prior to that, i was abstinent for 3 weeks. Which to be honest probably hadn't happened in 15 years! That realisation alone scares me.

Therefore, i will be back on the abstinent wagon tomorrow, upon my return at home.

Finally, i wanted to say that it is not as hard as i thought it would be. My beau and I have this ritual : we always have a drink (or two) before dinner. Well, we still do! it simply contains no alcohol. (I am very lucky to have someone very supportive).
    I either make basil lime lemonade, or we have delicious organic fruit juice, non alcoholic sparkling juices or a diet soda. It is the ritual and being together and relaxing we enjoy, not the alcohol.
    I should finally mentioned that i chose the most peaceful time of the year to start this new habit. I don't know if i could have implemented that in the midst of the stressful work year.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

~ Benjamin Franklin

"Ben Franklin did say that."
    -Mark Twain
  • Shesaid_destroy
    Options

~ Benjamin Franklin

"Ben Franklin did say that."
    -Mark Twain

Ha, good one!
  • mominstands
    mominstands Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Morning Louise! I decided to cut the booze this week and i haven't had a glass of wine, or any alcohol, since Sunday. The first couple of nights i struggled to relax in the evening and had disturbed sleep but last night i slept like a log, at last. I feel much better in the mornings too.

I'm working on giving up my drink of choice beer for 30 days. I haven't had any since Sunday either. I have felt much better during the day too.

Counting only 26 days to go CHEERS