Alright, in a few minutes I am going to start Insanity.

Options
Starting with the fitness test.
This is going to suuucckk. Encouragement, please? Has anyone who is out of shape successfully completed Insanity?

Replies

• Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm starting it in a couple of weeks when I'm done with 30 Day Shred.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 10 if you want to add me as a friend.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I did it, it was tough, but it was doable. You just gotta push play, try your hardest (but don't hurt yourself), and keep your form right. If you do that, you will have good results.
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You can do it! From the first day, it only gets better... becuase it can't get worse ;) Just keep on pushing!
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    i did the fitness test 20lbs ago and i was sick. probably could double my numbers today lol
  • dbtman
    dbtman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am on day 59. Only four more to go, but man is it hard. Good luck. Feel free to messge and/or add me as a friend if you would like.
  • evt84
    evt84 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am on day 59. Only four more to go, but man is it hard. Good luck. Feel free to messge and/or add me as a friend if you would like.

I'm on day 59 today too!! Fit Test on Sunday and then I'm DONE!
  • sarah_stratton12
    Options
    I've been doing it off and on for the last 7 months. When I first started I was 60lbs heavier then I am now and it was hard! I had to stop a lot! But I kept with it and it got easier! Just don't give up and keep a mental picture of why u are doing it!!! I kept imagining myself in a bikini on the beach looking hot! Haha!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    There are Insanity groups here on MFP. Maybe there is someone who has just started too that can add you :)
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    We have a little tiny support group for anyone who wants to start it this month.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15879-insanity-aug-2013-beginning

Feel free to join or add me.
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've done parts but not the whole thing.. I like it because you don't need any props or weights. Just you, a towel & water bottle.
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I bought it but I haven't started yet!! I'm so nervous!

You will do great! Just keep your goals in sight, and push yourself!!
  • kelvincornish1
    Options
    I am 52 yrs old and on day 46. Go for it!
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I did two rounds of insanity, both of them when I was over 200lbs. As long as you can do some basic body resistance moves - push ups, high knees for example. You can do it. - you go at your OWN pace, you don't have to follow how fast the others are going, just give it everything you've got and follow their times. You will enjoy it, I can almost guarantee that. it is essential that you get plenty of protein post-workout though, or you wont be able to do another for a couple of days.
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    Take it one day, one minute and one exercise at a time! You can do it! It's really rough in the beginning, that first few days is difficult but it DOES get easier!! Go you!! No, go now! Do your Insanity! Bye! :P
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    holy ****.
    that was hard. I had to modify some moves because there is not enough room in my suite. Dammit.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity. I went from very low activity to insanity. I am also 100 pounds over weight. I won't lie and say it was easy but it gets easier and then you enter month 2.... good luck!
  • madness33
    Options
    You can do it!

I'm heavier and can't do some of the moves *perfectly*, but I take my time and try to the best of my abilities. I've only done 3 days, but I'm feeling more capable and I think you can get there too. It's a tough program, no doubt, but you feel accomplished after doing one the sessions. :)
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm on week four! It's hard, I won't lie but so worth it. You can do this!
  • Ashly744
    Ashly744 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Good luck. :) I just started the Insanity program. Tonight will be my 4th day (not including the fit test).