Sharp hunger pains after eating?

Options
I just had lunch which included: Turkey lettuce wraps (8 large pieces of lettuce, turkey slices, tomato, red onion, sour cream, salsa) and half a cup of fat free cottage cheese.

I am now experiencing what feels like really sharp hunger pains. I don't know what is going on? My lunch was 380 calories and I shouldn't be feeling this way.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Are you sure its hunger? The onion could be giving your heartburn.
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    This is what i instantly thought of too, esp if the onions are raw.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

Or the salsa...
  • LauraJeanG
    LauraJeanG Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too! It doesn't seem to matter what the food is/what time of day it is. Just sometimes after I eat I feel even more hungry than before. Funny, I was just thinking of posting something similar to see if this was a common issue. And at least for me its not heartburn - I know what that feels like and its not the same. I also eat the same thing for breakfast every morning and sometimes I feel really full and other times I feel ravenous afterwards. I've been tracking this 'feeling' for the last two years (tracking food/activity due to other issues) and I have yet to find any kind of trend.
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Could be gas! lol
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Are you just starting your weight loss journey? I had this issue too for about a month to month and a half when I first started.
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Where are the hunger pains? Could it be from a gallbladder attack?
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have GERD,and this is a problem I experience often. I didn't realize that it was one of the associated symptoms until I spoke with my physician about it. She gave me a generic prescription similar to Zantac that I take daily. I haven't had much issue since I have been taking it. Try something over the counter for heartburn relief, even if it doesn't feel like you have heartburn or acid reflux. If it is a reoccurring problem, you may try a daily over the counter treatment option or speak with your doctor about it. :smile:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Hope the meat wasn't bad.....could be your gut trying to deal with it. Hope you feel better! Maybe grate some raw ginger and take a big pinch of it, drink a bit of water to wash it down. It will move the gas out if you have it. Hope you feel better!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    IDK.. I would still be hungry after eating that.

It could be gas, it could be heart burn, it could be hunger. Eat something more and see if it goes away??
  • chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have this from time to time. Much lower in my stomach than heartburn would be. I just kinda assumed it was just one of those things that happens from time to time. usually doesnt last too long
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    How much time lapsed between finishing eating and your post? If it was less than 20 minutes, your stomach hasn't had time to tell your brain that it is full. Your brain could still be triggering the "I'm hungry" stomach pains because it doesn't realize that you've already fed your tummy. Just a thought.