Dear future friend...I need you.

Options
Dear future friend.

My name is Tim and I live in Southampton on the South Coast of England. On 11th October, 2010, I weighed 17 stone 7 lbs (245 lbs) and I was officially obese.

I ate poorly and I didn't exercise. My confidence and self-esteem was at an all time low and I wasn't happy with my life so I knew I had to do something about it and change it for the better. I decided to lose 70lbs which would change my Body Mass Index (BMI) from class II obesity to healthy.

I've faced many highs, such as learning to run, and plenty of lows, for example my relationship breaking up. I have achieved things I never thought I could ever achieve like the moment I ran a sub 30 minute 5k and also starting a 15 million step challenge and have just passed 14.2 million steps! (Go me!)

Throughout my journey I have laughed, cried, had moments of pure joy, extreme frustration, sweated a hell of a lot but more importantly I have changed my life for the better.

On 16th January, 2012, I achieved my goal weight and weighed in at 12 stone 6 lbs (174 lbs) which meant I lost a total of 71 lbs.

I maintained my weight throughout 2012 until I went to Mexico in November where I ate, ate, ate. I then struggled over Christmas and now I have spent the last 8 months losing and gaining the same 14 lbs I put on. I want to get back to that great feeling of hitting goal weight. I know I can do it. I will do it.

I would love it if you followed my journey and become part of my incredible support team. They have encouraged, inspired and supported me throughout my journey and I couldn't have done any of this without them...but you could be the difference I need to get me over this final hurdle.

In return I will offer my full support to you on your journey.

We can do this.

Yours sincerely,

Tim.

Replies

• FancyGirl7
    FancyGirl7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends! :)
  • sun_n_jazz
    sun_n_jazz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow Tim, I would love to be friends! :) You can do it!
  • ronmonkey
    ronmonkey Posts: 316
    Options
    Jeez, it makes my goal seem so trivial from what you have been through, like you though i could really do with some motivation. I hope we can help each other out.
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Great work on your previous weightloss. You definitely achieved great things. Sadly we all fall off that wagon but its what you do when your down that will determine the ultimate outcome in the end. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ukmark12
    ukmark12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow Tim, what a journey you have been on!! I would love to root you on to help you get back to your goal. I am just starting my journey--- and down 6 pounds, but a long way to go. Happy to help---and in turn receive your guidance on what was successful for you. I know you are 'across the pond'--but isn't it great that social media likes this makes the world smaller! Best continued success!
  • 123tryingtobefree
    Options
    hey Tim ^^ I am Timi :flowerforyou:
  • jasoncbackus
    jasoncbackus Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, man!
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add; love to have motivational and supportive peeps on my friend's list!:bigsmile: I log daily and I'm here to encourage and support you along the way:drinker:
  • matthewsism
    Options
    Yes! Lets be friends and lose that stone for good.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    What a great story. I too am struggling to losse what I put back on and the rest of what I needed to lose in the first place. Feel free to add me. I need the louder cheering section.
  • kotoko64
    Options
    That's awesome.. I'm new here.. Pls add me :)
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hey Tim - would love to join your team... feel free to add me
  • krissenior
    krissenior Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey Tim

Add away mate :)
  • GeordieGirl09
    Options
    hiya! :) congrats on everything you've done so far :) amazing!! your more then welcome too add me if you like :)
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    lemme know if i can help!
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me :)
  • fkim13
    fkim13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would love to follow your journey. I have only just started to use this site. But on my second week i found out a chap at work is using it as well. We are suporting each other and the other day we went into the canteen looked at some cake and both sniffed it and walked away. We both said well done. It makes a lot of difference if you have people supporting you along the way.

KIM
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    Feel free to add me Tim. I'm not here everyday, but I will help as much as I can. I appreciate the mutual support!

Tom
  • timmoyoung
    timmoyoung Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I didn't expect so many wonderful responses and adds. It means a lot! :)