Anyone else losing slowly?

Options
I am averaging .75lbs lost per week. Steady progress is good and I am integrating great new habits into my routine at a manageable speed, problem is that slow weight loss is so much less glamorous. I can't wait to get to the point where I have my own before/after photos to showcase. It feels sort of boring to be so slow. People's photos are inspiring!

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    It maybe less "glamorous", but its a lot more sustainable.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race!! :flowerforyou:
  • WxLLe
    WxLLe Posts: 11
    Options
    Photo & video proof based off weight loss is always great! That's what makes this program known as Smack Fat so great. It's a new diet plan that will have you losing weight in 30 day or less. To see proof check them out here http://goo.gl/y4bN55
  • fkim13
    fkim13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am looseing 1lb a week and have been told that is the best way to do it.
  • cnave99
    cnave99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm losing at about the same rate as you. Between a half and one pound per week. The good news? I'm seriously half assing it. Nothing extreme. Just concentrating on not drinking my calories, getting my workout done everyday (sometimes as little as a 1 mile walk) and logging every single thing that I eat.

We may be going slower right now- but we're building a strong foundation for continued loss
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing...really, 1-2 Lbs of (mostly) actual fat loss is really all that is realistic and the less you have to lose, the slower it has to be. When you see people doing low carb and dropping 10 Lbs in a couple weeks or whatever, rest assured that about 8-9 of those Lbs is water...not fat. This is because science...your body can only oxidize so much fat. Also, creating huge deficits to lose weight faster is generally counterproductive...as I stated earlier, the body can only oxidize so much fat at one time...once you've reached that limit, your body just feeds on muscle in the absence of adequate energy (calories).

This is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I only have about 10 lbs to lose, so ya mine is slow! Right now I'm concentrating more on muscle tone and how I feel. And I feel pretty good right now.

<<<Like a Snail>>>>
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I am averaging .75lbs lost per week. Steady progress is good and I am integrating great new habits into my routine at a manageable speed, problem is that slow weight loss is so much less glamorous. I can't wait to get to the point where I have my own before/after photos to showcase. It feels sort of boring to be so slow. People's photos are inspiring!

You're doing amazingly well. Any downward movement is to be celebrated. Congratulations!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Once I lost the first 50ish pounds, I increased my calories to slow down. It helps to have a good deal of patience, but I think it's worth it to spend the time in learning and practicing better eating habits.
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    me. very frustrating but i'll get there - eventually :)
  • QuirkyD
    QuirkyD Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the encouraging words- I need them! My head says I am on the right track but my ego is rebelling a little :embarassed:
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't think .75 pounds/week is actually all that slowly, particularly for someone who only has 30 pounds to lose.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,639 Member
    Options
    I sympathize. After the first 3 months my losses became a trickle. Have been on MFP for a year and have lost 40 pounds.
  • InterstellarTerror
    Options
    I've been losing 2 lbs a week until last week; I think I've hit a plateau. Hoping HIIT will let me burn through it soon.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Yes! i'm losing pretty slowly in my opinion. I've lost 15 lb. since 5/20/13. It gets frustrating sometimes, but for the most part I'm not too disappointed. I chalk it up to my age, along with more often than not, I go over on my calories ( a couple hundred or so) on the weekends, but on the other hand I'm a couple hundred calories shy the other days so I figure I should be evening my self out. I know that somewhere on this site I could check my weekly intake to make sure, but I haven't taken the time for that.

I'd love to lose quicker, but I want to live a life that I feel is sustainable. I've lost weight before quickly, and I've always gained it back.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It maybe less "glamorous", but its a lot more sustainable.

This for sure!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I lost at 1 lb/week for most of my weight loss. For my last 5 lbs, I started upping my calories and lost at only 0.5 lbs/week. It's easier to say with the weight loss being done, but future you will be happy you took the sensible approach.
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady is the best. You want to follow a program you can live with and make these changes lifestyle changes rather than a "diet" that you will go off of once you have achieved your goal. Of course, we all know, going off the "diet" means weight gained back. That is why we want this whole thing to be a lifestyle change. So do this in a way you can live ongoing.
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've lost between 1-3 lbs a week. I look at it this way. Time passes quickly. At the rate you're going you will lose almost 50 lbs in a year. That's a lot of weight! If you have that much weight to lose. It's really true slow and steady always wins the race and if you take the weight off slow you have a higher chance of keeping it off in the long run.
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    m taking it really easy .... let myself enjoy my food when i want to and come back to target the next time .... and think this way i can keep going ... loosing around 1-2 lbs a month