How to stop getting bulky thighs???

Options
My thighs are starting to look very bulky compared to the rest of my body. I have a very small butt and a relitively small waist/hips. I fit into a size 2 jeans perfectly in the hips but my thighs are to HUGE for the pants!! How do i slim this down??? I do cardio, and have only ever done body weight exercises to "sculpt" my legs.

I am so afraid that they are getting too bulky and they look so disproportionate to the rest of my body :(

Help please

Replies

• jaygirl8628
    Options
    pics
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    pics

Yep
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Just because cardio doesn't involve weights doesn't mean it isn't bulking up your leg muscles. Perhaps back off the leg cardio a bit and strength train your upper body.

Edit: see The Oatmeal: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running4
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Have your thighs actually gotten bigger or have you just lost everywhere else? You are not getting "bulky" thighs from cardio, and if you fit in a 2, even if they're tight in the thighs, you are not bulky. It's probably just extra fat stores that have yet to go away. Diet is going to be key here.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Do you mean they are bulky as in muscular? Or, are they bulky as in fat?

If it's fat, you just have to continue losing body fat through a calorie deficit. A lot of people (especially women) store a bulk of there fat reserves in their butt and thighs.

If it's muscle, that probably has more to do with your genetics than anything else. Don't let it turn you off to lifting weights though.

More detail is needed. Have you been losing weight? If so, how long have you been losing? Pics would help.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Y'all, the OP is one of the thinspo chicks. Pay no attention to her.
  • kokorae
    kokorae Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What's a thinspo chick?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    The girls who want to weigh 85 lbs and think having thighs larger than 15 inches in circumference means they are bulky.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    start walking on your hands, lets your legs atrophy...no more bulky thighs
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    oh same girl?

god.

Bulk comes from training hard and eating at a surplus.

you're probably just getting fat thighs- go eat 500 calories and run more. problem solved.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Lapsing into a coma FTW......
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Young women and their delusional attitudes toward how they should look and the mental anguish they put themselves through trying to obtain an "ideal" figure that is often unhealthy and unsustainable scares the living crap out of me for when my daughter (who is 4 years old) grows up. To the original poster, it would seem your goals and mindset need some adjustment, and a conversation or two with a qualified professional will do you well. The thoughts and feedback among your current peer group, if they are of the same mindset, will not.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    LOL she started another thread called "can cardio make my thighs bulky?"

Oy vey!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The girls who want to weigh 85 lbs and think having thighs larger than 15 inches in circumference means they are bulky.

OUT
This discussion has been closed.