I have never done workout Vids, thinking about T25?

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
I am 5'7 202lbs 31 Years old and have never done a workout video in my life. I have little time, working 50+hrs a week and going to school at night (in addition to having a 4 year old who is currently in T-ball with games/ practices twice a week)
With that being said, I have read reviews for T25 and feel that even I can manage to squeeze this in :) I wanted to hear anyone's thoughts on this program, hopefully from people that like myself, have never done workout vids for the most part.
I do my best to eat the amount of calories this site tells me to to lose 2lbs a week, but i have read 1200 cal is too little? I usually do about 1300, but absolutely no exercise as of yet, I have lost 7lbs in 3 weeks so far but I def want to get some exercise in starting in the next week or two. Sorry for rambling!!

SO any thoughts/tips/ success stories from first time exercisers / workout video users who are currently using this program???
Also feel free to add me , I need all the motivation / support I can get :)

Replies

• lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    These workouts are free and kick butt. You can do them in 20 to 30 minutes too. https://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight?feature=csp-in-feed
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Go to u tube and try a few samples before investing. I do pilates with you tube on sundays. Theres many options to test on there. Ifyou like something then u purchase the whole enchilada.
  • courtney2480
    Options
    I just started t25 monday.. even thgh i started a couple times last 2 weeks and quit.. i lack motivation.. and i really don't know what to eat.. but as for the workout it is a great workout.. except they take no breaks lol. i take a couple no lie.. get to dehydrated if i don't. I only have 25 pds to lose .. which feels like its been like this forever and can't seem to lose any weight.. pain in the butt. maybe i am doing something wrong .. who knows..
  • mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Only reason I would think twice about purchasing these is this. Insanity which is made by the same company and fitness instructor is technically the same time. Take away Insanity's warm ups and cool down, you are really working out for about 25 - 30 minutes. So I think what this is, is a shortened, less warm up version of Insanity. I could be wrong, but this is what it seems to me from what I have seen so far.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It definitely has some similarities to insanity, but it has a lot of different exercises. I think the emphasis was making a workout that was easier on the joints, and they do a better job showing low impact alternatives for everything. Everyone I know (only 3 couples) that have done both, enjoyed Insanity, but like T25 a lot better.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    These workouts are free and kick butt. You can do them in 20 to 30 minutes too. https://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight?feature=csp-in-feed

I will def check them out!! thank you!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Go to u tube and try a few samples before investing. I do pilates with you tube on sundays. Theres many options to test on there. Ifyou like something then u purchase the whole enchilada.
    I have seen them , almost the whole vids online and they seem ok, just wanted some noobie input as far as results :) Thanks for the tip though!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I just started t25 monday.. even thgh i started a couple times last 2 weeks and quit.. i lack motivation.. and i really don't know what to eat.. but as for the workout it is a great workout.. except they take no breaks lol. i take a couple no lie.. get to dehydrated if i don't. I only have 25 pds to lose .. which feels like its been like this forever and can't seem to lose any weight.. pain in the butt. maybe i am doing something wrong .. who knows..

Well , having motivation is def key!! MAybe we can motivate each other? ?This site seems to b a great help for me so far :)
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Only reason I would think twice about purchasing these is this. Insanity which is made by the same company and fitness instructor is technically the same time. Take away Insanity's warm ups and cool down, you are really working out for about 25 - 30 minutes. So I think what this is, is a shortened, less warm up version of Insanity. I could be wrong, but this is what it seems to me from what I have seen so far.

So, if you are suppose to warn up and cool down each time you exercise, these vids are taking out an important part to make them seem shorter?
  • heatherc369
    Options
    It definitely has some similarities to insanity, but it has a lot of different exercises. I think the emphasis was making a workout that was easier on the joints, and they do a better job showing low impact alternatives for everything. Everyone I know (only 3 couples) that have done both, enjoyed Insanity, but like T25 a lot better.

They like it better due to the low impact aspect?
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of T25 and it's awesome! (Disclaimer - I dislike exercise and I dislike exercise videos even more.) For some reason this one works for me. It's quick. You'll break a sweat. You'll work your *kitten* off for 25 minutes. You'll feel awesome when done!

There's modified versions of about 70% of the exercises too, so if you aren't super in shape like the people in the video, you can work at a different pace. I use the modifiers about 30% of the time, but you'll still get your heart rate up and get a good workout.

There are numerous groups on MFP to keep you motivated if you decide to go for it. :smile:
  • courtney2480
    Options
    There is a cool down at the end of each workout..
  • daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    if you've never done videos before, I definetley agree on trying out a few online first!
    Go to the "BeFit" channel on youtube, you can try jillian michales 30 Day shred for free. All 3 levels are available, and it too is under 30min
    Also blender fitness is a good one on youtube, lots of short great workouts to choose from. they even have a n 8 week program

but if you really want to do T25, Just do it!! If you feel its too much, just go back to trying someone free videos online and keep it until you feel ready

Good luck!
  • daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ps: we have the same quote on our profiles,. ha "I want my body back" :)
  • ValerieJean
    ValerieJean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom with 4 kids and i just have no time. I started T25 last monday, i like challenging workouts, i have done Zumba before that but i burn more in T25 than 25 minutes of Zumba so i chose T25. I agree its challenging, its a non-stop 25 minutes BUT it goes by so quick, he will say "5 more minutes" and i think WHAT ALREADY! Lol so you really do FOCUS. But I also burn just as many Calories (or more) doing Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickboxing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9avonsRVok <- the whole video is on youtube

I did that for a few months but i needed to change things up because i didn't want my body to get use to the exercises, some days when i am up to it, i add it to my T25. I really don't think you will regret T25 if you like challenging workouts though, you literally drip sweat all over the floor/carpet, i can see mine dripping off my nose when i am in plank position. And i do feel really good after the workout... and yes there is a cool down at the end, so that pretty much adds 3 minutes to the workout.. And the modifications come in so handy when you are so tired or out of breath, instead of stopping, i modify,

Good luck in whatever you decide.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    ps: we have the same quote on our profiles,. ha "I want my body back" :)
    lol thats too funny! Ill def check out the youtube channel thank you!
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Yes this. I did Insanity before T25. (pretty much the first time I ever did an at home tape). I made it through month 1 (barely) but quit in the first week of month 2. Just too much for me. But I LOVE T25. I'm on my last week of Alpha (week 5). I actually look forward to getting those 25 minutes in right when I wake up, and feel very guilty if I don't!

I'm down 6 pounds and 6"+ so far, which is decent for me (never been a fast loser, and I'm ok with that). I'm NOT a Beachbody coach, I just enjoy the program (so you don't think I'm trying to sell it to you.) :)
  • Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I tried it for 15 mins. It took three days to recover. I think it would be very good. Some people on here like shred also.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I could never stay motivated with home video's until last fall, but I even waivered then. I joined a gym, but I never have enough time, but I Loved the Kick class (after liking Zumba for a long time) so I bought Combat (also a beachbody program) and I'm loving it. I only have a few weeks left and then I"m starting T25 on September 9th! I'm looking forward to it, I've heard GREAT things about it.

Good luck with your decision
    Nancy
  • milton1546
    Options
    I hate home workout videos! I have bought a few and quit them all within the first week. I much prefer to workout at the gym. The only two home video programs I have actually stuck to were Les Mills Body Pump (I've done the class at the gym for years now so was excited to have the option to do it at home when needed when it finally came out by BeachBody last year) and now, T25!!! I'm hooked!!! I'm on week 5 and totally plan to keep going. I've even managed to get my butt out of bed earlier so I can be done with it in the morning before I get my two boys out of bed for the day. I'm a working mom with two young kids and I hated to take an hour out of my night to workout. T25 totally allows me to get in a killer workout in a short amount of time. I'm down 7 pounds since I started and inches as well.

With regards to the food. With the T25 you will see the average calories intake should be about 1600. I was doing 1400 and even with the increase in calories I'm still losing the weight.

Good luck with your decision but so far it's been a great one for me.