New to MFP

brazcub
brazcub Posts: 15 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everybody,

My name is Tiago and I have been in the US for almost a year and that has made me gain about 40 lbs.

When I arrived here, I tried eating healthy, but that didn't work out so well. As a result, I got bigger and bigger.

In Brazil, I used to be very active and go cycling at least 3 times a day, for about 30 miles each day. I was part of a group of cyclists and we would always ride together encouraging each others. That helped me stay in shape. Since I haven't been doing that here, I gained back 40 of the 50 lbs I lost back in 2009.

My biggest roadblock is the fact that I love to eat. I love chocolate and sweets, and I love carbs. I also have a lot of anxiety, which makes me eat all the time. I also HATE going to the gym and lifting weights.

I've had a gym membership for months, but never really went there. Last week, my partner and I went back to the gym and I wade 225 lbs. "This is it" I said.

I've been on My Fitness Pal since last Friday (09/17). I've been keeping track of my intake, and also exercising daily. I love the fact that I can eat anything I want, as long as I don't eat too much. I also love the fact that you can eat back the calories you've lost in your exercising. Even though I always have about 300-400 calories left after dinner, I never really eat them.

My intake is supposed to be 1500 calories a day and I usually burn about 800 at the gym. That's pretty awesome. The last diet I did was zero carbs and that worked well, but as a result I got kidney stones. I was not very happy with that.

The only thing which I don't like doing is measuring all the ingredients I use on every meal. That's very time consuming since I love cooking and I eat fish, beef, chicken and pork every week. I also eat different foods every day. It would be much easier if I ate the same stuff every day, but that gets boring after a while.

I've read lots of posts on here and I've very excited about being part of this message board.

Replies

• Hi... My name is Bethanie and I am from Washington, Dc. I work out to P90X and have been going on it for 2 months now. I am on Facebook and Team Beachbody if anyone wants to friend me. I have lost 24 lbs already and looking to lose more !!. Any questions feel free to contact me here or Facebook. Take care and much success...
  • brazcub
    brazcub Posts: 15 Member
    Hello Bethanie,

Thanks for the reply.

So, 24 lbs already? That's awesome. I hope to lose that much weight soon too.

Thanks for the encouragement.

I'll be adding you on here.

Tiago.
  • I used to cycle quite a bit. If you don't have buddies to cycle with, it becomes a lot less fun. I miss it. You might check your local bike shops to see if they put together rides.
This discussion has been closed.