Seeking active MFP friends

Options
I've been using MFP since January and have lost 45 pounds so far. I'm 37, 5'10. I log in every day (on a 200 day streak) and have become addicted to using the tool, and especially the "you would weight xx in 5 weeks..." feedback when I complete my entry each night. I run 3x a week, aim for strength training or yoga between runs, and enjoy trying new exercises I can do from home. I am not a clean eater, but I also don't eat much processed or fast food. I do like chocolate, and beer -- there is room for both in my diet!

I've noticed lately that many of my friends haven't logged in for weeks or months, and sometimes my own updates are the only ones I see in my news feed. I would love to connect with others who use the site every day, and who are rather active -- some level of exercise every day or two. It's motivating and inspiring for me to be connected to others who have made this part of their lifestyle, and I'm in a place where some days it's hard to keep going because "so close" and "good enough" start fighting with each other. I need a little push to keep it going, and want to see a news feed full of happy, active losers!

I know you're out there. :)
Stace

Replies

• GeordieGirl09
    Options
    hiya! im paula :) ive only been on here a week and have 100+ to lose , i havent been very active for a long while now but ive managed a few nights of exercise this week, definietly hoping to be able to do alot more then that soon, once my body gets used to it, right now it hurts lol havin some support from more active people would definitely help i think :) anyways, feel free to add if you like :)
  • krisDanielle16
    krisDanielle16 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Feel free to add me!
    I work out 6-7 days a week, and log my food intake usually 7 days a week but sometimes I slip. I also have a chocolate addiction and there is ALWAYS room for that in my diet :P
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm super active, even on the days I go missing half way through (of which there aren't many) I'll still log in etc. Feel free to add me anyone, but leave a wee message on the friend request thingy if you do :)

Annie
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Fee free to add me. I struggle with 'so close' and 'good enough' some days. I've noticed some of my friends have done the same, there's always room for more!
  • rroxx89
    rroxx89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone !! I am trying to use this app more in my life and I'm sure I'd be more motivated to use it if I had actually active members as friends. So please add me. It's sad only seeing my own status updates. I would also like to know what others are doing to reach their goals.

Sooo .. ADD ME :)

I'm 5'4" .. trying to stick with my mostly clean eating after falling off the wagon for a bit. I try to work out at least 3 times a week. Usually consists of me trying to outrun my dog for a few miles and biking. I really want to get into yoga but I have no $$ at the moment to pay for classes. I'm just fascinated with the poses I see people get in. It reminds me of acrobats.

btw, I also do enjoy chocolate and beer. In moderation of course. ;)
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone. I log on daily. I update my cardio daily and track my food sometimes as well.
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I log food and exercise daily so feel free to add me too :)
    I have about 65lbs to lose
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Pick me! You are almost at your goal, I need an experience guide.
  • Chispasv
    Chispasv Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • bigtwagner
    bigtwagner Posts: 113
    Options
    Any of you can also add me. Losing weight is though as hell. we can all use additional support. I would love to help support others as well as have more support.
  • ellis222
    ellis222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I joined 55 days ago, log daily and I don't plan to stop anytime soon since I still have 60+ lbs to lose. I walk or ride a stationary bike 5-7 days a week and have begun lifting weights, (but not heavy... YET.)
  • beorgegush
    Options
    Hi Stace! I'm new here, but very active. I use the striiv app to calculate calories burned walking (which I do a lot of) and my accomplishments don't seem to show on my MFP newsfeed, meaning I'm doing more exercise than my posts would suggest!

Everyone is free to add me--the more support the better!
  • elaanne
    elaanne Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I'm at 35 days of logging in, and I plan to continue to use MFP for the foreseeable future!
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    You may add me if you like, I am on daily and share my diaries - anyone can add me, the more the merrier
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me..
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am on a 45 day streak and exercise 5-6 days per week.
  • Erithil
    Erithil Posts: 52
    Options
    You can add me - I'm on here every day and definitely will continue to do so :)
  • JaysMama1628
    JaysMama1628 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me!!! I need some MFP friends as well!!! Looking to lose at least 40 lbs!
  • bikiniaday
    Options
    Hey there! I've been obsessed with logging too and checking my reports! I've lost 63 since March joined here a couple of weeks ago! I am working out everyday now, no days off for me, not if I really want it and ohhhh I do! Happy to lend support!
  • Jen8781
    Jen8781 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I need some friends too, I go to the gym a few times a week but could do with some encouragement to do some circuits at home in between time. Feel free to add me, I've logged in daily for a month and am 6 lbs down! Chocolate is a necessity, any diet without it is not a sustainable one for me.