OMG I lost 100 lbs. I'm so happy!

Options
Moonlitedi
Moonlitedi Posts: 94 Member
Hi folks,

My name is Di and I lost 100lbs. I decided to change my life around last year to become a healthier me I knew was inside. This has been a total lifestyle change and has been quite a long year of ups and downs and finding myself while absorbing all the information I could to help me succeed. I enjoy kickboxing and yoga. Swimming and walking on my treadmill for hours at 3-3.5 while watching some shows on my tablet have helped me to stay focused and just keep going. My journey started back in April of 2012 when I decided to get a lap-band surgery. For those that do not know what this is, the Lap-band or laparoscopic adjustable gastric band, is an inflatable silicone device placed around the top portion of the stomach to treat obesity, intended to slow consumption of food and thus the amount of food consumed. This was a hard decision at the time and I think of it as a tool to help me stay on track. By no means was this a quick easy fix as I still had to make better choices and work my *kitten* off to get where I am today. I kinda think of it as my shock collar for carbs as they tend to get stuck or move very slowly down and will scold me if I try. There are cheats for it, but is it really worth doing that if you went through all the trouble of getting it in the first place.

Anyways, recently about a few weeks ago I was in a car accident, rear-end collision, where a lady turned her head and stepped on the gas and went right in to the back of the car with a very hard punch it felt like. From this it ruptured a disk in my back and thus causing me to be out of work for about a month. In this time I have been everyday working hard to strengthen my core to help support my back. My exercise routine per doc is to take my pain meds and muscle relaxers and start on strengthening and no picking up or pulling. So from that I have made sure to do this. I am very goal oriented and I can not let this set back stop me from succeeding with my weight-loss goal. Since the weather has been so nice lately I am making sure to swim for an hour as it does not put pressure on my lower back as well as use the water weights to do core exercise. After that I take a quick shower and put my tablet on my tredmill and watch a few Netflix or anime Epps on Cruncyroll and just start walking for many epps usually I go for about 1-2 hours at 3.0 speed flat. I find I will burn about 300-500 calories depending on how long I walk for. Then another hot shower to relax.

Prior to the recent accident I was very into Kickboxing and yoga. Which helped me to sweat, keep my heart rate to burn more and help keep me flexible. It was hard at first but it got easier as the weight started to come off.

So anyways here are some before mid and now photos. I still have about 30 more pounds to go and want to tone up muscles now. Once I am well I will resume my kickboxing to build up my arms and legs more. Also add more core to get some abs lol.

Good luck to you all on your journey and never let anything get in your way. I am still in recovery mode and still moving the best I can with out doing more damage. With each day or staying active I can already feel some improvement. Just need to stay active so things don't get stiff and set you back more. Go for a swim when you can, it is so good for you.

You can do it! You will succeed! Let no one or anything stop you from reaching your goals. I believe in you. You should too.

Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!

Starting Weight: 270
Mid mid second photo: 200

557573_10100553973689148_1257600251_n.jpg

Now 170:
1157413_10100905098142928_2061606724_n.jpg

Feel free to add me for support or tips and make a new friend. I like messages in the friend request so send me one hehe. I don't mind answering questions. I love to share my experiences to help.

Take care!

-Di (Diana) ^_^

Replies

• tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss- but the pics aren't showing up for me
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Wow. Fantastic.
    That is all.
  • Sarahloulalou
    Sarahloulalou Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!! That's an amazing achievement

I can't see the pics though xx
  • SACasto
    SACasto Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I cannot see the photos =o(
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I can't see the photo's also
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    congrats- tried to fix your pics but I always get it messed up! Sorry!
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Huge congratulations to you! You seem determined and focused! I really admire that.

I can't see the photos.
    OK, I copied the links into a new window and you don't look like the same person! An amazing transformation!
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    That is a great accomplishment! , hope to see pics!
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,

My name is Di and I lost 100lbs. I decided to change my life around last year to become a healthier me I knew was inside. This has been a total lifestyle change and has been quite a long year of ups and downs and finding myself while absorbing all the information I could to help me succeed. I enjoy kickboxing and yoga. Swimming and walking on my treadmill for hours at 3-3.5 while watching some shows on my tablet have helped me to stay focused and just keep going. My journey started back in April of 2012 when I decided to get a lap-band surgery. For those that do not know what this is, the Lap-band or laparoscopic adjustable gastric band, is an inflatable silicone device placed around the top portion of the stomach to treat obesity, intended to slow consumption of food and thus the amount of food consumed. This was a hard decision at the time and I think of it as a tool to help me stay on track. By no means was this a quick easy fix as I still had to make better choices and work my *kitten* off to get where I am today. I kinda think of it as my shock collar for carbs as they tend to get stuck or move very slowly down and will scold me if I try. There are cheats for it, but is it really worth doing that if you went through all the trouble of getting it in the first place.

Anyways, recently about a few weeks ago I was in a car accident, rear-end collision, where a lady turned her head and stepped on the gas and went right in to the back of the car with a very hard punch it felt like. From this it ruptured a disk in my back and thus causing me to be out of work for about a month. In this time I have been everyday working hard to strengthen my core to help support my back. My exercise routine per doc is to take my pain meds and muscle relaxers and start on strengthening and no picking up or pulling. So from that I have made sure to do this. I am very goal oriented and I can not let this set back stop me from succeeding with my weight-loss goal. Since the weather has been so nice lately I am making sure to swim or an hour as it does not put pressure on my lower back as well as user the water weights to do core exercise. After that I take a quick shower and put my tablet on my tredmill and watch a few Netflix or anime Epps on Cruncyroll and just start walking for many epps usually I go for about 1-2 hours at 3.0 speed flat. I find I will burn about 300-500 calories depending on how long I walk for. Then another hot shower to relax.

Prior to the recent accident I was very into Kickboxing and yoga. Which helped me to sweat, keep my heart rate to burn more and help keep me flexible. It was hard at first but it got easier as the weight started to come off.

So anyways here are some before mid and now photos. I still have about 30 more pounds to go and want to tone up muscles now. Once I am well I will resume my kickboxing to build up my arms and legs more. Also add more core to get some abs lol.

Good luck to you all on your journey and never let anything get in your way. I am still in recovery mode and still moving the best I can with out doing more damage. With each day or staying active I can already feel some improvement. Just need to stay active so things don't get stiff and set you back more. Go for a swim when you can, it is so good for you.

You can do it! You will succeed! Let no one or anything stop you from reaching your goals. I believe in you. You should too.

Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxqro9hx4ycx3si/403062_2403769255764_192954618_n.jpg

403062_2403769255764_192954618_n.jpg

Now 170:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyteixpdxcuna3u/IMG_20130813_203035.JPG
    IMG_20130813_203035.JPG

Feel free to add me for support or tips and make a new friend. I like messages in the friend request so send me one hehe. I don't mind answering questions. I love to share my experiences to help.

Take care!

-Di (Diana) ^_^
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Now 170:
    img_20130813_203035.jpg

LOL! Yeah, dropbox bad. :)
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Now 170:
    IMG_20130813_203035.JPG
    IMG_20130813_203035.JPG

You have to do the tags for images like this [img][/img] or it won't show up.
    Edit: Well apparently fixing it did nothing, don't use dropbox.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Nice job Di! And way to not let that accident stop you from getting to your goal. You're awesome! Get the pics up and show off for everyone! Good luck the rest of the way and thanks for inspiring others.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation! Congrats!.......:smile:
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an amazing journey you have been on! I wish you a long and healthy time from here on in!
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options

nmejYK_EtyMAj26nhl-_-fE3knJK5uQeqGjANcBoLuQ

Now 170:
    07qgBKtyqE-zVYjhTIBh6qGT8F4-462HhAgkK28dkv8

Awesome job!!!!

Edit: Yeah, that took some effort to post the images, lol
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Wow, a totally new person. I wouldn't have believed your before and after are both of you.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    wowee congratulation
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    Fantastic. Hope you have a full recovery.
  • nikki2001
    nikki2001 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome job! Very inspiring! :flowerforyou:
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks for the inspiration! you look amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!