Tracking mileage in running shoes

Options
Anyone have a simple way to keep track how many miles you've put on your running shoes? My running app has a tracker but I don't always wear the same shoes. Thanks for input!

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Keep track here...use the notes section in the exercise tab
  • klynnshuck
    klynnshuck Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The Nike running app has a tracker and you can have more than one pair of shoes.
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Strava App also has a tracker and you can select what pair of shoes used after the workout
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I use the Nike + running app, and you can add different shoes into it. After a run it tells you your distance/time/pace/calories/etc., and you're able to attach a shoe to that run. So you can keep track of mileage on different shoes at the same time on one app. I love it!
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    The Nike running app has a tracker and you can have more than one pair of shoes.

You can? I had looked...I will look again & figure it out. Thanks!
  • iluvprettyshoes
    Options
    I use the Nike + running app, and you can add different shoes into it. After a run it tells you your distance/time/pace/calories/etc., and you're able to attach a shoe to that run. So you can keep track of mileage on different shoes at the same time on one app. I love it!

Cool thank you that's exactly what I was looking for!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I use these things called pen and paper. Maybe a bit old school but it never fails :tongue:
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Map my run...has a phone app that follows you, creates a map of the run, logs distance, pace, time, calories & etc. -Though you do have to indicate the shoes you have run in.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a simple way to keep track how many miles you've put on your running shoes? My running app has a tracker but I don't always wear the same shoes. Thanks for input!

I have always kept a manual diary that I write in each training session, my distance, time, mph, mins per mile, what the weather was like, the time I went running and at the bottom of the info I put the total mileage of my running shoes.

I have, at the moment, two pairs of shoes, they are exactly the same style and colour, so to differentiate them, I coloured with a black felt tip on part of the lace on one of the pair of shoes.

In my diary, I name the shoes, ie Pink Shoes or Black laces and keep a running mileage total. When that total reaches 500 miles or 800km, I replace them with a new pair.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of notebook paper and pen next to my bed...I have three different columns for all three pairs and just add them up! Not super fancy but nothing else has really worked for me.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    Options
    I use these things called pen and paper. Maybe a bit old school but it never fails :tongue:

Lol I'd thought of that too. But I was sure there would be an app which is better for me. I'd lose what I wrote it in or I'd forget the stats by time I got to write it down :)
  • iluvprettyshoes
    Options
    Map my run...has a phone app that follows you, creates a map of the run, logs distance, pace, time, calories & etc. -Though you do have to indicate the shoes you have run in.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/

Cool thank you so much!
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I use Daily Mile to track mileage in my shoes as well as overall mileage.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    runtastic lets you add notes too but I've never tried doing that