Working out at home

Options
Hey so I need help. I don't have money currently to get a gym membership or any new equipment for the house. Basically all I have is two 25 pound dumbbells, and my wifes set of 3, 5, and 8 pound dumbbells. I also have some 35 gallon water jugs with handles that I plan on filling with sand to give me more weight. So what I need is some good at home routines I could do with the weights I have

Replies

• twinkleton
    twinkleton Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Go onto YouTube. Loads of exercises to follow on your computer and free too!! Good luck :smile:
  • RavenNoire
    RavenNoire Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with above post. Youtube is the way to go. Fitness Blender is great, videos range from 10 minutes in length to 90 minutes. The resistance training videos use weights sometimes and other times just your own body weight as resistance. Also I like the befit training videos on Youtube. Good Workout.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Also go on Pinterest, there's tons of body weight exercises and lists of ideas you can do to work out at home. Or bodybuilding.com might have some ideas. Good Luck! I'm trying to work out at home, but sucking badly. I really liked the structure of the gym and actually "going" somewhere. Add me if you'd like, maybe we can do it together
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Go to Home Depot and get a broom handle. It should be cheap. Will give you a "barbell" to hook those water jugs to. I've seen tons of pics of Soldiers and Marines in Afghanistan using similar setups to bench press, overhead press, squat, deadlift, etc.

Use the two heavy dumbbells for shoulder presses, one arm rows, squats, lunges and step-up lunges, for starters.

Definitely look on YouTube.

Also, remember that you can use your body. A push-up is roughly the equivalent of benching 60% of your body weight. Put your feet on a chair and that increases to about 70% of your body weight. There are a ton of push-up variations that will do great things for chest, shoulders, back and core.

Soldiers and Marines do all their official physical fitness training programs with nothing but their own body and a buddy, by the way. Google those, you will find all sorts of great stuff for at home workouts.
  • Hunnib23
    Hunnib23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Check out bodyrockers.tv - they have some awesome workouts.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Go to youtube, search for "Michael Morelli Jr." channel. Lots of workouts there you can do at home.
  • JenCHG
    JenCHG Posts: 74
    Options
    Well what id do Is go Barrow a book for weight training at Library and start with that.:drinker:
  • JenCHG
    JenCHG Posts: 74
    Options
    Go to youtube, search for "Michael Morelli Jr." channel. Lots of workouts there you can do at home.
    Love this Idea lots!!:heart:
  • Alanhalil
    Alanhalil Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Push ups
    squats
    planks
    crunches
  • AcidWords21
    AcidWords21 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes YouTube is loaded with workouts you can do at home.
    I do workouts from channels like Fitness Blender, BeFit and others.
    You can get a lot of tips from there as well.
    Hope this sort of helps. :)