top tips to loose 100lbs

Options
bushokie
bushokie Posts: 180 Member
what's your top tips to loosing a 100lbs..certain diet,exercise or a daily motivation

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Set smaller obtainable goals (mini goals).

Start a modest workout program. Ease into it, just do something on a regular basis... even 10 minutes at a time. Start making it a regular routine.

Walking is great - outdoors when the weather cooperates, indoors when the weather doesn't. "Walking" indoors .... Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVDs are excellent ..... you can go at your own pace. Add bigger arms, weights, higher knees ..... after you've gained more endurance.
  • bushokie
    Options
    bump
  • SarahIluvatariel
    SarahIluvatariel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The mini goals is a great idea.

This won't work for everyone, but since my starting weight was on a number ending in a 5 (265 lbs), I'm both excited when I reach a number divisible by 10 (like 260 lbs) and when I have lost an increment of 10 lbs (like 255). So my mini goals are naturally 5 lbs.

I also set an end-of month goal, that I try to reach for. If I make it, then Awesome! Or if I don't make it, then that's a bummer, but then I make a brand-new end-of-month goal for the next month. It keeps me from being discouraged if I don't see as much success in one month because I know that the next month I get to sort of "start over".

I'd love to hear other peoples' suggestions, too!
  • Michielynn222
    Michielynn222 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Set mini goals, and reward yourself afterwords :)
    Like my goals are all in 20 lb increments, So When I reach 200 (my next 20 lb goal) I'm going to get a mani/pedi :)
    Save the shopping spree for the last 20 lb goal !!

Also, try finding some veggies that you like, and keep them around at all times. things like cucumbers, cherry tomatoe's and celery are great low calorie snacks that you can basically eat alll day :P
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I bought a package of cookies i don't normally buy. for every 4 pounds I lose, I get to eat one. for every 20 pounds I lose, I get to buy a new outfit (or two depending on price).
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    1. Eat under your TDEE.
    2. Get some form of exercise Cardio and or Strength Training.
    3. Drink Pleenty of Water.
    4. Eat plenty of Protein to limit muscle loss while dieting.

In a nutshell this is the best advise I can give.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options

indoors when the weather doesn't. "Walking" indoors ....

when it rains I walk the aisles at Walmart or at the mall - don't bring your wallet! haha
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Set small goals
    Drink water
    Eat veggies
  • karenmetfan
    karenmetfan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Set smaller obtainable goals (mini goals).

Start a modest workout program. Ease into it, just do something on a regular basis... even 10 minutes at a time. Start making it a regular routine.

Walking is great - outdoors when the weather cooperates, indoors when the weather doesn't. "Walking" indoors .... Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVDs are excellent ..... you can go at your own pace. Add bigger arms, weights, higher knees ..... after you've gained more endurance.

Completely agree here. I'm just shy of 90lbs lost thus far and this is how I have done it. First goal was 60lbs because it seemed attainable. 10lbs away from 2nd goal. Started by walking outside with my dog, increasing in distance and pace as I felt able. Bought Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds DVD and loved it. That's a good one to start with. I now own about 6 of her DVDs and do 4-5 miles a day with her advanced DVDs. These go at a 4.5-5mph pace with "boosts". As you get used to it, you can "boost" on your own, which is what I do. Add more arms to the "walks", jog in place instead of walk/march.

Important thing is to find an exercise you like and will stick with and keep moving. Don't give up if it gets hard. You will have days when you don't want to work out and that's okay. Just get back on the horse the next day.
  • mlcastle
    mlcastle Posts: 33
    Options
    1. Eat under your TDEE.
    2. Get some form of exercise Cardio and or Strength Training.
    3. Drink Pleenty of Water.
    4. Eat plenty of Protein to limit muscle loss while dieting.

In a nutshell this is the best advise I can give.

This and be patient. It takes time. Don't base your expectations on unrealistic "reality" shows like "The Biggest Loser".
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    eat healthy , at your calorie level
    get in some exercise
    do this for the rest of your life

its that easy.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Start very slow. This is a long haul project. Walk. Eat good choices, don't go hungry or you won't make it in the long run.
  • bushokie
    Options
    thanks
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Start.

Then don't stop.

The rest is just details.

This times a thousand!!!!!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    find a race that is 6-8 months from now and register for it. start training.
  • Amsily
    Amsily Posts: 11
    Options
    1. Don't be afraid to put yourself first. You are important!
    2. Exercise
    3. Protein
    4. Water
    5. Take baby steps. Small goals make a better reality.....

The weight didnt pack on overnight.. it isnt going to come off in a day... be patient! Weigh yourself every day to stay on track....
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. Repeat daily for a couple years until goal is reached.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!