SKINNY FIBER....Negatives?

Options

Replies

• ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Okay...since the OP asked about negatives, I would say that a negative aspect would be spending good money on a pill rather than spending the money on fresh fruits and veggies. I haven't taken the product, but I do go over on my fiber intake almost every day just by eating fresh fruits and veggies. I have maintained a 45 pound weight loss for four years now and have never taken a fiber supplement.

So...all in all, I would say take that money to your local farmer's market and enjoy some fresh yumminess!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    I have read for days about the positives of this pill & have yet to come across anything negative.
    Anyone have a negative experience? Side effects? etc?

Im seriously considering this product (Just to try, not long term) BUT being the type of person I am, I dont take anything without ALL the facts. I wont even take vitamins cause Im scared of future side effects not discovered yet :/
    Well then don't take these. Anything that says "proprietory blend" means they really don't have a dosage limit and that usually a 3rd party manufacturer made it. 3rd party manufacturers usually use low grade raw material (a lot from China) and that usually means low/no regulation from imported country.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • hiljayne
    Options
    I am not a seller and am a first time poster...just so you know:) i have been taking SF for 8 days now and have had NO negatives and don't expect to. I have lost 1.5 kg without exercise. I am a middle aged lady who has lost weight here and there over my adult life but have never been excessively overweight. I have 15 kg to lose. The reason for this post is that I needed a starting point for my weight loss and SF has been my motivation. I looked into the ingredients and it is not just fibre but has enzymes as well. I have lost my craving for snacks at night and am sleeping much better. My hunger is satisfied more quickly. I live alone so have no encouragement from anyone. So my point is that SF is working for me and if it gives one the impetus to achieve stubborn weight loss then great.
  • djanders3
    Options
    I agree, she did not ask what to do or what not to do, she simply asked about the product which I was also curious about. In the few responses that actually addressed it, it work for some and the one person it did not.
  • springchick79
    Options
    I have also saw it on Facebook and have thought about buying it. I am also apart of the group that promotes it. I like the recipes and helpful hints that comes along with being in the group. If there is anyone who has taking it I would also like to hear about it.
  • eileent01
    Options
    Do you take skinny fiber?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I agree, she did not ask what to do or what not to do, she simply asked about the product which I was also curious about. In the few responses that actually addressed it, it work for some and the one person it did not.

What you have to understand is this is a public forum. Many of us have been around here for a long time and do not like to see all this gimmicks. They are over priced and do NOT provide any benefit. But if you want to spend $100 on a bottle of fiber, that is your prerogative. But you will get the same results by eating veggies.

And IDK about you, but if I am doing something wrong or taking the expensive route, I would like to know. I can' t tell you how many people I have helped because I ask more questions and not just answer the basic one asked by the OP.
  • SNWilliams13
    Options
    I am very interested it in it and I will be ordering it. I will come back to give an update of it. Right now I try my best to eat healthy and I exercise 3 (soon to be 4) times a week. I tried the green coffee bean as well and it helped me lose approx. 25 lbs. I stopped taking that a couple of months ago. I reached a plateau and now I would like to try SF. Updates soon to come....
  • mmklee20
    Options
    Very true, if its messing up your hormons , stop taking it. Maybe you should get your hormon levels tested.
  • jimbo7726
    Options
    skinny fiber is not just fiber it also contains pre-digestive enzymes that your body needs, however nature intended that we get most of the enzymes that we need from food but when we cook them to the recommended temperatures we destroy the enzymes so yes it does help with digestive problems. What nature intended is that you eat enzyme rich foods and chew your food properly. If you did that, the food would enter the stomach laced with digestive enzymes. These enzymes would then "predigest" your food for about an hour -- actually breaking down as much as 75% of your meal.

Only after this period of "pre-digestion" are hydrochloric acid and pepsin introduced. The acid inactivates all of the food-based enzymes, but begins its own function of breaking down what is left of the meal in combination with the acid energized enzyme pepsin. Eventually, this nutrient-rich food concentrate moves on into the small intestine. Once this concentrate enters the small intestine, the acid is neutralized and the pancreas reintroduces digestive enzymes to the process. As digestion is completed, nutrients are passed through the intestinal wall and into the bloodstream.

That's what nature intended. Unfortunately, most of us don't live our lives as nature intended!

Processing and cooking destroy enzymes in food. (Any sustained heat of approximately 1180 - 1290 F destroys virtually all enzymes.) This means that, for most of us, the food entering our stomach is severely enzyme deficient. The food then sits there for an hour, like a heavy lump, with very little pre-digestion taking place. This forces the body to produce large amounts of stomach acid in an attempt to overcompensate. In addition to failing in this attempt (much of the meal still enters the small intestine largely undigested), there are two major consequences.

Too much stomach acid.
    Too little stomach acid.

http://www.jonbarron.org/article/stomach-acid
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just eat wheat bran. It's cheap and filling and packed with insoluble fiber.
  • mercedesbnz2831
    Options
    I have been taking skinny fiber for 3 weeks,I feel sick when I take it constipated and no weight loss,just £39 lighter on my pocket,as far as more energy goes I have never been so tired and the reason people push it on the Internet is because its part of a pyramid scheme.....just my opinion of it and I am not a seller
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    If you're wearing of vitamins that millions of people take everyday...why would you even consider skinny fiber?
  • kit_rose
    kit_rose Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lol! I'm taking everything I can manage, and so far have only been hypervitaminosis poisoned once-on purpose. I took about 200 000X daily intake of vitamin C, all I got was more bathroom trips.
    But in all seriousness if you're looking for fibre, best to get some psyllium husk or something you can control the quantity. Your body WILL become accustomed to high amounts of fibre. Believe me, I went raw for a year.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    After years of trying everything under the sun, and even plain old hard work...It was down to the point where my drs where recommending having a gastric bypass or lapband done, my mom had the bypass done several years ago...and I really didn't want to go that route if I could avoid it. A friend of mine started taking this and had no side effects and great success so I decided to try it as a last ditch effort to avoid surgery. I've had great success with it (and none of the stomach issues, taking metimucal (sp) or eating fiber bars caused me) also no really bad side effects at all.

I just reached my first weight goal and went from a size 20 to a size 14. If you want I can add you on my facebook and show you pics of me before and after and you can see that I'm a real person. Just send me a message

I really like the stuff and actually was surprised that it worked and well not everyone is going to agree on everything and not one certain thing will work for everyone. But this worked for me.
  • MyFitPALmichelle
    MyFitPALmichelle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know you want to hear from someone that's taken it. I haven't though. But I looked over the sight and it reminded me of the "Green Coffee Bean Extract" thing......It cleans out your colon......If people don't eat right, well yeah, they will lose weight. Their colon is carrying around all kinds of junk! If pills made people skinny, we'd all be skinny I guess. But a clean colon is probably a better colon but there's cheaper ways to clean out your system.
  • femmefata1e
    Options
    I just joined this site about a week ago. I was looking for the amount of calories in a cup of grapes and stumbled upon it, and decided to sign up.

I haven't taken this product, but I did order it and I have an unopened bottle sitting in my cabinet. Like the original poster, I was hoping to see if it was working for 'real' people here and if there were negative side effects not mentioned on the bottle. I do want to lose a bit of weight, but what piqued my interest about this product is that people had said it helped with their digestive issues (IBS, etc.) and joint inflammation. I can't take a lot of the supplements out there since I have celiac disease, so anything I put in my mouth absolutely must be gluten-free. A lot of products might not have gluten ingredients, but even if they are processed on the same lines in the factory with anything that does it will make me sick. I was assured that this product was gluten-free and hoped it might help with other issues in addition to the weight issue.

I plan to start taking it tomorrow and will report back in a few weeks to let people know my experience with it.
  • pamela2379
    Options
    No they didn't. She didn't ask for preaching or advice..just about results of who ever has tried it. Can no one read now a days?
  • lscott88
    Options
    my results of taking skinny fiber............I have lost 15.25 inches.....6lbs ....I know it's not a lot of pounds in 2 months but to be quite honest I am a UK size 12...so not got a lot of excess pounds on me!!! My hot flushes have stopped and I have stopped my emotional eating...you know that ..reach for a bar of chocolate to solve everything thing we do......in fact my chocolate and crisp cravings have actually stopped....I have not eaten chocolate for 6 weeks!!!!!
    My daughter just started taking it a couple of weeks ago and she has lost 9 inches the first week (younger obviously and a bit heavier than me) she is even eating healthier than she used to....it seems to be something that just happens...they do say it's the enzymes in the skinny fiber that work on the inside that gives you results...the fiber just stops you eating as much....
  • frootloopa
    frootloopa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've taken it for a month. I have not lost any weight whatsoever. I have followed the directions and have had all the water they tell you to drink. Thats one negative. I was hoping for weight loss of course, but also for all the other benefits it claims, like relief from fibromyalgia, blood sugar regulation, etc. So far, none of that has occurred.

I have broken out in a rash in the last few days, not sure what it is from, but Skinny fiber is the only new thing I have ingested so I am wondering if it could be from that. It could also be an environmental allergy so I really don't know and can't say its from Skinny Fiber.

On the positive side, I do feel that it has stopped my cravings for sweets after supper and I feel full faster, although of course that could just be from drinking all that water. I'm upset that I haven't lost anything but I did have a back injury this month which stopped me from exercising regularly so perhaps when I can get out there again it will start coming off. I bought 3 bottles so I plan on taking them all (unless the rash gets worse) and will post again when that is done.
This discussion has been closed.