Lost "10" pounds in a week-ish, now steady?

Options
Started August 2nd (this month) at around 330. I couldn't check exactly because embarrassingly the only scale I had access too wouldn't go that high. Now I have a new scale, and as of August 11, I am down to 320. My "older" scale says 323 but I trust the new one more.

Either way, it's been 3 days of staying at 1500 or a little under, exercising by walking 45-60 minutes a day and the gym every other day, and I weighed in this morning and I'm still at 320/323 (depending on the scale..).

I've done this before and lost 60 Lbs using the LoseIt app when I had an iPhone, but never really had an experience like this where I stayed stagnant for more than a couple days.

I don't know what's to blame: improper calorie labels, improper amount of calories burned from exercising, or if its just something that's a part time thing and it'll go away. Getting quite irritated with myself.

Anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A few days without a loss isn't something to worry about. I know it's frustrating, but it could be something as simple as a little extra water weight (thanks to sodium, stress, exercise, etc). Give it some more time and you should see the scale drop again!
  • mattlgroff
    mattlgroff Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll keep doing my best. Thanks!
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Wait. You lost 7-10 pounds in about a week? And you are complaining? My gosh, I wish I could do that!

Weight loss usually isn't steady. I is drops, then slows, drops, slows, drops, stalls.........
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    If you're obese or morbidly obese losing weight quickly is a common thing and absolutely nothing to worry about.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    success.jpg
  • sarahmaryjane
    sarahmaryjane Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    success.jpg

THIS!
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    success.jpg

:heart: this!
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    success.jpg

I love this :)

So true :)

Thanks for posting :)
  • harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My weight loss goes like that (not so drastic) but I will lose 2-3 lbs in one week then not lose anything for two or three weeks. Give it time and it might get more steady.