You Choose and You live - You are what you Eat

Options
2»

Replies

• ArmyWife815
    Options
    This post is true, contains factual information, and should be perceived in that manner. I have used slim fast shakes occasionally since I started this lifestyle change but I don't really need them.Believe me I would rather have food.:smile: I will just have to find a way to get a healthy breakfast in on the days I work. I have cereal in my locker and skim and low fat milk is available. I mostly used the shakes on days that we were so busy we just did get a bathroom break. I take several pieces of fruit to work and go to the cafeteria to get a healthy balanced lunch. I work 12 hour shifts. Sometimes when patients are critically ill you don't get the breaks you are supposed to and can't eat as well as you would like. After reading this post I will try harder and leave the shakes alone. Thank you for the information and for caring enough that we do this the right way.
  • flyingspatulas
    flyingspatulas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great post, Carlos (as always)! I've tried so many "quick fixes" and none of them have worked longer than a month or two, but now that I'm doing things the healthy, normal way I've seen amazing results! Plus, I don't feel like I have to deprive myself of anything, and on the whole I feel healthier and more energized. We live in a world of instant gratification and quick results, but some things are just better done the slow way. :)
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Great post, Carlos (as always)! I've tried so many "quick fixes" and none of them have worked longer than a month or two, but now that I'm doing things the healthy, normal way I've seen amazing results! Plus, I don't feel like I have to deprive myself of anything, and on the whole I feel healthier and more energized. We live in a world of instant gratification and quick results, but some things are just better done the slow way. :)
    I could not agree with you more. It takes traveling a mile to reach a yard sometimes but the lessons learned is worth the trip.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Maybe we should start a eat right support forum. Do you think we would garner enough support/followers?
    :love: I LIKE that idea!:smooched: What better group to have on a fitness site:heart:

oh my, I'm behind on this thread... lol and a good one at that!:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Nice post as always Carlos! So true :)
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Thanks Anu. I am always trying to reach people who want to get their lives back or finally make a change in their life that will benefit them for the rest of their lives.

Some I reach and some I don't but it does not stop me from trying.