30 Day Shred Challenge - Any takers?

Options
I'm dying to try the 30 day shred challenge. I will be starting tomorrow and, if all goes according to plan, I will be finishing up on September 15 (pay day!). I have promised myself if I can finish the whole 30 days without a rest day, I will buy myself a new pair of boots for Fall. :) I know this routine is a killer but I am willing to dig deep and prove to myself that I can do this.

I had been reading some previous threads on the topic and I realize that some people recommend rest days. Obviously, do whatever you are comfortable with. The idea is to get through the entire workout series and to really see and feel some progression with your endurance and strength.

I plan on taking before and after pics and posting them to this thread on September 15.

Please feel free to join me and post your before and after pics as well. And, since I'm hoping the last day of this challenge will be a pay day for you as well, promise yourself a small reward for completing the program. :)

Replies

• johnna1212
    johnna1212 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just finished it and am ready to try it again. It is a lot of fun. Now that I know the exercises, I think repeating it with even bigger weights will be a challenge.
  • Sarahloulalou
    Sarahloulalou Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I done day 1 today. I took before pics too.... My god they are HIDEOUS. But I tell you what, if I complete it I will post my before n after pics on here too. I don't plan on doing it everyday, I can't. I have attempted it before and couldn't manage everyday then either, probably 5/7 days.

Good luck xx
  • carmichaels99
    Options
    I'm on level 1 day 6.. Days 1-4 were rough, but I feel great today.
  • Desyreeolvera
    Desyreeolvera Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would love to start it tomorrow as well! I have it and just have not found any one to start it with!!
    Feel free to add me:)
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I am about a week from being done. I also did it last summer. Neither time did I do it all the way through. The first time I took one day off but did ultimately finish all 30 days (in 31 days). This time I have taken about 5 days off total, so all said it will take me 35 days. I think if you do it with rest days or not, it's up to you, but listen to your body. If you need to rest, it's better off to do so and not risk an injury. You can just finish up all 30 workouts in a slightly longer period of time.
  • Dorothy4208
    Dorothy4208 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I want to but it scares me :tongue:

I keep reading these posts for motivation. I know I need to just do it. I can't do a lunge to save my life, though. I will be following Anita.
  • nuttylou
    nuttylou Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Can I please join in :-) x
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday so day 3 for me. So far so good. I'm planning on adding 30 min of cardio 2x a week probably on weekends.
  • aharburger
    aharburger Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I also started Monday so today is day 3 for me. And i'm not planning to take a rest day but after day 10 if I feel i need it before moving up a level I will. Man my legs haven't been this sore since I danced competitively in high school. And to think I have to do it again tomorrow! I am totally in it though and am happy to give/get support from you all! I'm not attempting any additional exercise at least for now.
  • taro1971
    Options
    My husband and I are on day 4 of week 1. Some things are easier, some are harder. :) I'm hoping to not need a day off but my husband may take a day here and there due to starting a new job. I am doing 45 minutes of walking 3x a week because I signed up for a 5K that I'm worried about not being ready for...in December. Lol!
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I am doing the 30 day challenge I think I am nearly halfway through level 1 then there is level 2 then 3 after that I have a lot of Jillian Michael's workouts I must be insane to want to do them all but i am feeling the difference already even though it is hard work it is definitely worth it.
    Just worked out I am day 11 today oh boy and my quads have been sore for 3 days hello muscles but as Jillian says dont give up even if you feel like it
  • dancinfree
    dancinfree Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting the program on the 16th. I have had it since January and after reading the posts and seeing other MFP pictures, I have to courage to give it a try. Best of luck to everyone.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I will start tomorrow with you. I have done it before but only made it 13 days. I got discouraged because I started gaining weight.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I need to restart it. I did fantastic with it a few months ago, lost inches, visible difference... but then I slacked off, lost motivation, etc.
  • James1935
    James1935 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    On my second 30 day - this time with 5 lb weights - it's great - level 3 kicks my butt :)
  • Melissa999999
    Melissa999999 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to think of something other than C25K to do. Gonna start this Thursday August 16th.... Again. :-). I've never gone past day 1 before.
  • JCHH88
    JCHH88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I completed this a few months ago but would love to do it again to see where my strength is at after all this time. I'm in! Although I have leg surgery next week so will be a late starter.
    0400772 Posts: 80
    Options
    I wouldn't mind joining in if that's okay!

Im actually off for study leave as of Tuesday! so im sure I could find a spare half hour.

I did this for a few days before but I found it really disheartening as I cant do push ups at all!
    But one day my partner was watching me so I did everything (Bar the pushups ) and I felt fantastic but knackered after it!
    Would love to feel like that all the time! X
  • lukale
    lukale Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,

Would love to join in too! Am going to do it this evening after the kids go to bed so won't be interrupted :smile:

Took all my measurements first thing this morning & will take a photo later.

Good luck everyone!
  • hayleyxx93
    hayleyxx93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had planned to start this today as well, so happy I found this thread to keep up my motivation woo!!

I've tried to do this before and quit about day 4 as I had no motivation or support, feel better about it this time and just need that support.

If I stick to it like I plan to I will also post pictures on the 15th of September :) anybody feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated!