I eat a lot of cereal for breakfast!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• tataylllor
    tataylllor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I find that I never really feel full unless i have a lot and I want to know if this is okay? Like will I gain lots of weight because of this? Also is there any really easy breakfast ideas that are healthy and filling? Please help, all help appreciated thank you! I did notice I am not alone on this problem as I have heard many people say this before.

If you are within your calorie goals you should not gain weight by eating 2-3 bowls of cereal. But if it doesn't make you feel full and you hate it, then eat something else. Adding fruit and nuts could help, but since you've tried that I'd look for something else.

Wholemeal toast w/ peanut butter. Add banana slices if you like, or a piece of fruit on the side
    Eggs - an omelet is a quick easy way to add protein and veggies to your day. Add a piece of wholemeal toast if you like.
    Hot cereals may seem more filling than cold - add nuts or nut butters to add more protein and flavor.
    Eat non-traditional breakfast foods that you like - a sandwich, salad, leftovers from dinner, whatever.

Thats a relief to hear!! Thanks for the ideas!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Also, being a cereal eater, have you tried oatmeal? I love the steel-cut oats, but I like the "quick" 5-minute stuff, too. You can add Stevia or white or brown sugar, molasses, skim/almond/soy milk, banana, blueberries, almonds, pecans, walnuts, apples....the options are endless for variety. You would probably get more full after one serving and still come in with less total calories. It could be different every day if you wanted it to be and you'd get a fair amount of protein, good fiber, and could regulate the fats and calories with add-ins.

Thanks for telling me! I love oatmeal, do you know which brand is best to buy from for the oatmeal? I have some Maple Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal but it has lots of sugar so I feel like I shouldnt eat it, but I am unsure!

I have some of that occasionally but it doesn't fill me up either. Steel cut oatmeal is better.. it doesn't have all the good stuff stripped like instant oatmeal does. Personally eggs is what keeps me full the most though.
  • tataylllor
    Options
    Also, being a cereal eater, have you tried oatmeal? I love the steel-cut oats, but I like the "quick" 5-minute stuff, too. You can add Stevia or white or brown sugar, molasses, skim/almond/soy milk, banana, blueberries, almonds, pecans, walnuts, apples....the options are endless for variety. You would probably get more full after one serving and still come in with less total calories. It could be different every day if you wanted it to be and you'd get a fair amount of protein, good fiber, and could regulate the fats and calories with add-ins.

Thanks for telling me! I love oatmeal, do you know which brand is best to buy from for the oatmeal? I have some Maple Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal but it has lots of sugar so I feel like I shouldnt eat it, but I am unsure!

I have some of that occasionally but it doesn't fill me up either. Steel cut oatmeal is better.. it doesn't have all the good stuff stripped like instant oatmeal does. Personally eggs is what keeps me full the most though.

Oh okay! Do you know where to get that?? Also, is it a good idea to add fruits on top of that?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You buy it anywhere really. I got mine at Trader Joe's. You can add anything you want to it once it's cooked.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have tons of cereal, like 2-3 bowls!!

Same here. I had to stop since each bowl I had was just over two cups/servings, and each serving was about 300 calories.

I do oatmeal more often becuase it is more filling. I also do cottage cheese with fresh fruit, which is even better.
  • tataylllor
    Options
    Every morning I have tons of cereal, like 2-3 bowls!!

Same here. I had to stop since each bowl I had was just over two cups/servings, and each serving was about 300 calories.

I do oatmeal more often becuase it is more filling. I also do cottage cheese with fresh fruit, which is even better.

Glad to know someone relates!! Thank you for the ideas, I just bought plain oatmeal so hopefully tomorrow morning is a healthy start!!