Best Shoes for Jumping etc?

Options
Hello all,

I own a pair of asics that serve me great with running and walking, I'm just wondering if there is something out there that will support my feet better for jumping etc. I am currently doing insanity and am feeling like these shoes aren't the best for this kind of Cardio?!
Any suggestions?

Replies

• cgeorge5555
    cgeorge5555 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I switched to Vibram Bikila's for Insanity due to the amount of lateral movement and jumping. Running and cross-trainer shoes had too much height in the sole making it easy to roll the ankle and I could sense an ankle injury if I didn't switch. I presume any type of minimalist shoe will work similar to the Vibrams for HIIT. I know several people who have done the same and never looked back.

If you do go the minimalist route i'd check out your local running shop and see if they can let you try on a few different styles and find the right fit. I picked up a couple pairs at 6pm.com for cheap since they frequently go on sale sub $35 ($90+ in brick and mortar stores).
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Probably something with minimal support and a fairly snug fit. There are lots of options in this category now with minimalist shoes being so popular. I've got vibram 5fingers and a pair of low support/cushion inov-8s that I love. FWIW.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I actually use a trail running shoe. It has superior support for rapid movements going side-to-side, up and down. It's heavier, but my knees and ankles thank me every time. There are new shoes from Reebok and Puma has a shoe from last year's line that have really awesome support for this type of activity...I don't remember the shoe model...but you can check out their websites.
  • smisra3
    smisra3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I pronate so I need a lot of arch support. The Brooks Ariel has motion control, able to move laterally and my knees and ankles thank me for it! It's the only sneaker I wear now.
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice, after some more research I just ordered the Nike Free Hyper Trainer Woman's Cross Training Shoes, so will see how they work for me! :) Thanks again