Need to drop half of my body weight. Looking for friends.

Options
So I've gotten to the point where I'm reality show obese. Looking to hopefully get down to half my current body weight (440lb to 220lb) in the next two years. I've been lifting on and off for a year or two now. I enjoy it. If you add me, please don't be offended by profanity. I don't censor myself on my profile.

Would really like to find more people a similar situation as myself, but any supportive and cool people are welcome to add me.

Replies

• Frompurr2roar
    Frompurr2roar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love the profile pick. It isn't going to be an easy journey, but you sound like a winner already and all you need to do is remember that. You have realistic goals and they are achievable. Be consistent: fill out the food diary on here (even if you are not proud of how you ate that day) because it helps. When I first joined, I was excited for a day or two, then relapsed and gained six more pounds. I'm back now and more motivated then ever. Let me know if you need motivation.

And as for the profanity, in weight loss, you aren't saying "*kitten*" a few times a week, you're not doing it right. ;)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Bump so this'll show up in my feed. OP is one of my favorite people.
  • mberner2
    mberner2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Started at 500, right at 450, on the way to ~200. I know how you feel. Adding you :)
  • jlwilliams80
    Options
    Feel free to add me - always looking for fitness friends - you can do it! change your train of thought and make it positive.
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    you can add me as well.. I need to go from 289 to 140-150 ish which is about half as well.. I feel what help keeps me motivated are little NSV's that I have planned along the way, like fitting back into an old pair of jeans, cause in the end the number on the scale doesn't matter to me as long as I'm healthy and happy and comfortable in my own skin :smile:
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Bump. :)
  • Wefita
    Wefita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi, I sent you a request :) You have the right mindset, and with that you will succeed!!
  • DayDreamr_41
    Options
    I started out at 274 but would like to make it down to 140... so that's close to 1/2 my weight. You can add me for support. I'm down 45 so far :)
  • MisterDerpington
    Options
    BUMP
  • jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Glad you already started your journey. Add me buddy. Anyone may add me in fact.
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Welcome to add me! You have a great mind set.. I know you can do this!
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Request coming your way. Congratulations on taking the first steps! :)
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    add me if you like.....welcome !
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    I'm supportive ... not so sure about cool ... but you can add me! Occasionally the air get "blue" around here too ... ????
  • MisterDerpington
    Options
    bump
  • ellebrosseau
    ellebrosseau Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Going to add you.. and a few others :)
    I don't need to lose quite so much but I'm pretty supportive (and I'd like to think I'm cool).
    Good luck & keep it up with the positive outlook!
  • _TimeForMe
    _TimeForMe Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request! I'm always looking for motivating friends!!!
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sent ya a friend request.
  • trinaca23
    Options
    We can do it!!!!!:smile:
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I started at close to 310 and am now 146. I have lost over half of my original weight. You or anyone else is welcome to add me. We can always use support no matter what stage we are at. :)