100 lb challenge June 14th

Options
Nich0le
Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
Hey everyone!

So our results aren't what we are hoping for so far this month, maybe this year, but we can either stay put or keep moving towards our goals.

I have been making excuses for months now, busy with the kids, work, house is a mess, etc. I made a commitment to myself yesterday to start fresh. Planned a full weeks menu, went to the store and started cooking yesterday and finishing today. Made enough to freeze some for those rough weeks or days and got my hiney back in motion.

I have used the "it's hard because my family can eat whatever they want" excuse for a long time. It is true, but I also realized that doesn't mean I have to let them eat whatever they want. I am the mom and my kids DESERVE healthy nutritious foods.

No it isn't always easy or fun and yes there are those occassions when our choices are limited but I know I will never reach my goals if I keep finding reasons not too. So I started the month out at 222.2 and today I am 222.6, but I made a promise to myself that I will weigh no more than 221 my months end. NO it isn't a lofty goal, but the point is I WILL NOT start next month's journey at the same weight I am now, and I won't set goals so high I can't reach them and then I feel bad about not reaching my magical weight for the month. Isn't the goal to get overall healthier?

You all deserve to be a healthier you! We can do this if we support each other through the ups and downs and keep moving forward. Today is the first day to reaching that next mini goal!

:wink:

Replies

• Nich0le
    Options
    Hey everyone!

So our results aren't what we are hoping for so far this month, maybe this year, but we can either stay put or keep moving towards our goals.

I have been making excuses for months now, busy with the kids, work, house is a mess, etc. I made a commitment to myself yesterday to start fresh. Planned a full weeks menu, went to the store and started cooking yesterday and finishing today. Made enough to freeze some for those rough weeks or days and got my hiney back in motion.

I have used the "it's hard because my family can eat whatever they want" excuse for a long time. It is true, but I also realized that doesn't mean I have to let them eat whatever they want. I am the mom and my kids DESERVE healthy nutritious foods.

No it isn't always easy or fun and yes there are those occassions when our choices are limited but I know I will never reach my goals if I keep finding reasons not too. So I started the month out at 222.2 and today I am 222.6, but I made a promise to myself that I will weigh no more than 221 my months end. NO it isn't a lofty goal, but the point is I WILL NOT start next month's journey at the same weight I am now, and I won't set goals so high I can't reach them and then I feel bad about not reaching my magical weight for the month. Isn't the goal to get overall healthier?

You all deserve to be a healthier you! We can do this if we support each other through the ups and downs and keep moving forward. Today is the first day to reaching that next mini goal!

:wink:
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    What a positive message. I also have suffered from the midset of they can eat what they want and I must suffer to get somewhere. But through talking extensively with friends and making the choice that this is what I want to do for MYSELF and that it's up to ME, i have realized that I can make posive choices that show my family it's not all drudgery. I have found creative ways to mix foods and there are times that I have to keep the kids (and husband) out of the foods that I have bought just for me.

And there will continue to be times where I get my priorities pushed back but I have also come to the realization (it's only taken 30+ years) that if I don't make myself a priority, why would anyone else bother. It's not that my family doesn't love and respect me, but children by nature are selfish and express their needs most often. But I do love the little buggers.

Anyway, now that I've rambled, CONGRATS on setting realistic goals and finding the power within yourself to see things in a positive light. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • Nich0le
    Options
    I'm glad that was deemed positive, I didn't want to be negative but we are all guilty at one point or another of making excuses for why we don't reach our goals. I want our group, as a whole, to suceed. We have put off taking care of us to take care of kids, husbands, mothers, fathers, etc for too long, and when it comes down to it, if we don't have to selfish moments to take care of us eventually we are no good to those we are trying to take care of.

Little choices make big differences. My first 25 came off with ease, then I got stuck and I have stayed stuck and I only have me to blame. I know why it isn't coming off so now I have to change that and start reaching for that big goal. A 100+ lbs to loose is lofty, I have to go back to mini goals and make changes in paces and eventually I, and all of you will laugh in the face of this nasty 100 lb goal, or better yet, stomp on it's face! :laugh:
  • galsal
    galsal Posts: 11
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Always excuses. Mine is I have a surgery that I have put off, because I have had so many, the thought of another...comes with dread. The insurance said it would be cosmetic, and would not help pay for it. But it really isn't totally. The doctor said I have approx. 20lbs of scar tissue, etc on the left side of my abdomen, that needs removed. And no matter how much weight I do lose, that will not go away. He was right. It sticks out and I look lopsided. Staying heavier actually "hides" this.

Now I have decided to go to the surgeon next week, and see what we can do. I am 50 lbs lighter than my heaviest weight, and 25 lbs lower than the last surgery. But have stayed around this weight because of my abdomen for a very long time. Up and down the same 10-20lbs. Actually getting more depressed as I got thinner.

So wish me luck! Maybe if I can remove this roadblock, I will be on my way down!

44241.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Today was a bust.

My step daughters are here for the weekend. With them they brought some friends ( of the creepy crawly itchy type) yep , head lice. Worst part.... their mother knew they had it , did not treat them and sent them here without telling us they had it. After talking to the girls, their mom said " oh well let your father pay for it, Tracy can do your heads if she wants them done" So I have spent from 12 this afternoon til 6:30 tonight doing treatments and trying to get all the critters out, yes they were THAT BAD. I have been in tears all day , cause Im just SO MAD that she would do this and put HER kids thru this.
    I hate it when people talk about their spouses ex , but by god I am jumping on the band wagon today. This thing that calls herself a mother is disgusting and doesn't deserve to have children, and I truly hope she rots.

That being said , I missed lunch , and when I get mad.. I eat, and eat I did. Here's hoping for a better tomorrow. :brokenheart:
  • galsal
    galsal Posts: 11
    Options
    Surgery is tomorrow. Cross your fingers!!

44241.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    That was a very positive and powerful message. Not only do your kids deserve healthy food, they deserve a mom who is healthy, feels good about herself and will live long enough to help them raise their children. One of the best things you can do for your children is to put yourself first for a while. You need to get your weight and heath under control and ultimately they will reap the rewards.

Celebrate the fact that you are ready to make the changes necessary and be kind to yourself. When you are tired rest. When you are hungry eat something healthy. You deserve it too.