How many of you have lost weight w/o exercise?

Options
I just wanted to know. :)

Replies

• Jclark267
    Jclark267 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've only lost a 1lb so far since i've stopped running. I'm not sure if it has to do with the water intake reduction but i've definitely noticed.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Me :)
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i lost 43lbs so far and haven't started exercising yet i will soon though i just felt too heavy..
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a lot of people have, weight loss is mostly about diet. I didn't start working out until about 2 months in and lost about 15lbs in that time. I don't really work out too much now either, I do like a max of 2.5hrs of cardio a week (sometimes it only ends up being an hour) - lost 29lbs so far.
  • jimmyb_
    jimmyb_ Posts: 13
    Options
    i lost my first 15 pounds with no exercise... but its coming off much faster and i feel better hitting the gym twice a week now and doing the C25K program. just finished week one!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

Really just started walking a month ago when I got my Flex, but lost just about all the weight over the past year plus by counting cals/carbs etc.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm losing way faster since I stopped exercising, but I think I was going too hard at the gym. Hence tearing my meniscus, hence break from exercise.
  • viperk1
    viperk1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I went from 230-200 with diet alone. Only introduced exercise recently.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 15-20 Lbs not doing any exercise at all. Weight loss is all about have a calorie (energy) deficiency, exercise isn't required...though exercise is crucial to your overall health and well being. With MFP, you're supposed to eat back exercise calories...you're not trying to build a deficit with exercise...it's built into your calorie goal which is net of exercise with MFP. I started exercising primarily because I started to feel like a bump on a log...I did it the way I was supposed to and exercised and ate at least 1/2 to 2/3 of those calories back and have ultimately lost 40 Lbs and now at maintenance.

Use your diet for weight control; exercise for fitness.
  • ktlinn4
    ktlinn4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Three years ago I weighed over 215 lbs. I moved, and started working full-time again and eating differently. I didn't exercise and my diet wasn't uber healthy but since I wasn't just hanging out I ended up losing 40 lbs over the course of 8-10 months or so. Now I'm exercising regularly and eating awesomely, so we'll see how that turns out!
  • Bennett056
    Bennett056 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I haven't exercised. I hope to be able to start walking soon. I have MAJOR foot issues.
  • SomewhatCool
    Options
    Oh wow! x3 Glad to see so many others are doing it. I'm just really lazy... And I've lost 8 pounds so far not exercising. Just calorie counting, although I do get in a walk every so often.
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    WOW.. I got on here just to see what the result were.... But my husband has always told me... I always worked out and pretty much ate what I wanted.. NOT A GOOD IDEA.... You cant work off a bad diet... and you can NOT! He said if you would concentrate on your diet more and exercise less that I would see progress... and by golly I do still exercise almost daily or at least 5 times a week.... but at first I was only doing like half what I use to do and am loosing!
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have never gone to the gym and do not walk much. My loss is strictly calorie count.
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've definitely focused more on my diet and calorie intake than on physical activity. That being said, I used to be totally sedentary and now I work out 2-3 times per week for 30 minutes each. So, I'm not a fitness junkie, but I do still work out a bit. I imagine I would lose faster if I took fitness more seriously!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I lost about 40lbs without exercising, I wasn't even dieting at the time. I simply ended up losing weight because of the reduced number of foods I could eat when I became gluten free.
  • jessiefied
    jessiefied Posts: 167
    Options
    What Ive found personally is that at the start I didn't want to exercise so didn't, but eventually loosing weight gives you so much more energy I got really antsy if I didn't do some exercise. So if your not feeling like exercising now it probably wont matter too much as chances are you'll start wanting to exercise/be more active later.