I need friends who love exercising!

Options
I completely hate exercising and constantly do it under duress so I really need some mfp buddies who can teach and help me to love exercise. Anyone up for the challenge? :)

Replies

• rms922
    rms922 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My whole life is an exercise. If you need any help or motivation I'd be more than happy to try to help you :)
  • francescakate89
    francescakate89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey hun,

I also don't love it, especially when it's freezing here! I do little things each day to help kick start the motivation.

Let me know if you want to chat!

Fran (Melbourne, Australia)
  • kgaetano07
    Options
    I used to hate exercise too until a few years ago. You just need to find something you enjoy and stick with it. For me, it was yoga. Exercise is a great stress release and builds the libido too!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I used to hate exercising, but now I constantly want to exercise and hate taking breaks. It's become a hobby of mine. You just have to find something you like.
  • guadamoralesgomez
    Options
    Hey there, I play for a netball team and I have to say I hate the off season and am happiest when playing netball. But I can understand that exercise can feel like a chore when you're not doing something you love. Just like everyone else said it seems like you need to find something that you love doing... Why not try Zumba classes? They're pretty fun. Could also try getting some friends to work out or go jogging with, this might make it all a lot more enjoyable. Hope you find something you enjoy! Feel free to add me :)
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    x0iEVwx.jpg
  • WinwillLose
    Options
    Try everything!!! I take whatever class is offered at the local rec center. I became friends with the others in the class, so now it's like social hours. Some of my gym buddies only do Zumba classes, some kickboxing, others will do two back to back KettleBell and Kickboxing. Point it, just keep trying different things till you find something you enjoy. Train for an obstacle race if your competitive like the Spartan races.

Keep looking for things till you find something you really enjoy, so that you want to go do it.
    :happy:
  • Martychall
    Options
    hahaha
  • cutlooseat60
    Options
    I too am one who has a problem with exercise. Than I found swimming. More than happy to help motivate if you want a freind.
  • LETTYRP05
    Options
    I hated exercise but now i love it. Add me I can help
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Me! I have burned over 7000cals so far this month, counting exercise days. It's all been biking, hiking and weights.
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I target to exercise 5 days a week and try to push to burn 800 to 1000 calories or more. The key I think is trial and error finding what you love to do in terms of exercise movement (ie tennis dancing, biking, swimming hiking, aerobic classes etc.....) Feel free to add me for support,
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    salter.....feel free to add me....I exercise at least 6 days a week.....

and

Fran darling.....i'm sorry if I sound rude, but seriously???? freezing....in Melbourne?????....I grew up in new Zealand (miss it heaps!!!)....and now I live in Alberta, Canada......you want freezing....come up here in January!!!LOL......just being a cheeky kiwi...your comment just made me laugh is all......:).....add me too if you like, even if I am the enemy!!!!....go All Blacks!!!!!!
  • kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I work out every day, so hopefully I'd be a good motivator ;)
    feel free to add me if you would like!
  • DonnaW_78
    DonnaW_78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Feel free to FR me. I try to workout everyday & love it :)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I must second the people who said 'try everything!' There is gonna be something you like: lawn bowling, rumba dancing, ping pong, long walks in the moonlight, tennis, slow bike rides, stationary rowing.
    Find that thing, and you'll be on your way. Once you establish the habit of being active you can build from there.
    Get 'em!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I completely hate exercising and constantly do it under duress so I really need some mfp buddies who can teach and help me to love exercise. Anyone up for the challenge? :)

Challange accepted.

As others have said, keep trying new things until you find something you either love or at least like more than you dislike. With these new activites you'll need to stick with them for a little while. I find the better you get at something the more you enjoy it. I.e. do one zumba class and you feel uncordinated and like eneryone else knows all the moves, but after 3-5 you'll fit right in.

So OP - tell us what you have tried and what exactly you dislike about it?
  • brook0530
    brook0530 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I never saw myself as sticking with working out! I started weight lifting and absolutely found my passion. Find something you like - I agree. Once you do, you won't even have to work at it - getting you out of the gym will be the challenge! Feel free to add me if you like - I work out every day! Anyone in this thread is also free to add me as well ;)
  • HLSalter
    HLSalter Posts: 260
    Options
    Wow I wasn't expecting to get this many responses!

To answer the question about what exercise have tried/done, I usually go to Zumba classes twice a week, I try to walk to work every day which is a mile and a half away from my house, I tried Pilates and loved that but it used to kill me the day after so I think I need to build up my stamina before I do that anymore. I have an elliptical at home that I use a few times a week. I downloaded the zombie run app and want to start using that but I do find it difficult to find the time to do exercise outside of my house.
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I do workout 5-6 times a week at my highest level of motivation!

Sometimes I slack, but at the end I will get back on track!

this time I promised my self not to slack until reach my main goal!

Feel free to add me =)