How do you eat your rice?

Options
Sauchie
Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
I'm a rice addict it stems from my Chinese addiction.. I have taken to sauteing onions, mushrooms, green, and red bell peppers and then adding in White rice.. And eating it with anything from fish, meatloaf and chicken.... I also add a bit of pepper and hot sauce... I add hot sauce to everything to help with my water intake. A little goes a long way :-)

Replies

• Fiona711
    Options
    Love me some steamed rice, of which I now have 1 cup (205 cal) on Chinese takeout night. I order a large rice and stretch it for a couple of days. Pre-diet I'd eat most of the container at one sitting...
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Brown rice with salsa is one way for me.

Brown rice with avocado and onions with a little salt and pepper is another way.

Oh so yummy!

Cheers,

Katie (aka Kekibird)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I either just drown it in soy sauce, or I'll cook it with chicken or beef bouillon cube(s), mix in a little cheese and it's perfect.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I started using equal parts Quinoa, Brown Rice and TVP (all prepared accoridng to derections).

Mix in large bowl with veggies (Chopped cilantro, green onions, jalapenos, carrots, celery, whatever else you like)

Add a Fried rice flavor packet. Mix.

It's high in fiber and protein and tastes great reheated in the microwave.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Tomatos and rice 4 me plz:)
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    We like to make a bunch in the rice cooker with some garlic salt. That way we can have it all week long and pair it with some chicken and veggies.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    with a spoon, I find rice falls off of forks too easily ; )
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Today I had a serving of steamed white rice with shrimp and I dumped in sweet and sour sauce and some duck sauce toward the end. I had a lot of calories to eat up and this was an easy way to do it and I'll be full for a couple hours before I need to work out and then can eat dinner later.

I'm trying to stay away from rice because at one point, I was eating it everyday and I know it's not the best for me. I don't like brown rice, it has to be white. When I do eat it, it's usually with chicken and stir-fry, or asparagus or whatever veggie I'm having w/ my protein.
  • amontoya99
    Options
    I love Cilantro Lime Rice. I cook about 2 cups white rice in the rice steamer, then heat up a little oil in a frying pan, add 4-6 tbsp lime juice, 2tsp salt, and 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped). Heat all together in pan for 5-10 minutes. Sooooo yummy! You can have fish tacos with it.
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I love rice but I always eat it with something. I usually have Basmati rice with either a stir fry or an Indian dish like Chicken Korma. I usually have the rice plain and enjoy it with whatever sauce is on the other food I pair it with. I like that rice can cool down spicy foods. My stir fries are usually very spicy.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    I started using equal parts Quinoa, Brown Rice and TVP (all prepared accoridng to derections).

Mix in large bowl with veggies (Chopped cilantro, green onions, jalapenos, carrots, celery, whatever else you like)

Add a Fried rice flavor packet. Mix.

It's high in fiber and protein and tastes great reheated in the microwave.

I know quinoa and rice...but what is this TVP you speak of?
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    textured vegetable protien--like soy burgers, or soy crumbles
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Rice? :ohwell:

Yuk! :sick:

Nuff said...................:bigsmile:
  • skdk833
    skdk833 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My favorite is just plain basmati rice made in low sodium no fat chicken broth.... but I only buy brown rice for the house now. I think it is nutty enough just to make as it and I add to meals as needed. We have really dropped our rice consumption down, and it only shows up on Mexican and Chinese night.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    Options

Ewwwww. If quinoa is a complete protein, isnt the soy a bit of an overkill?
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

Ewwwww. If quinoa is a complete protein, isnt the soy a bit of an overkill?

Different texture. More filling than quinoa.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    Options
    It would be okay with just the quinoa and rice though? Still just as healthy?

Thank you for responding :happy:
  • jremin90
    Options
    Brown rice, red peppers, grilled chicken and a pinch of country sweet mild

or

Cook broccoli in olive oil and garlic then mix with brown rice.
  • loseweightkay
    Options
    If it's white don't eat it. Rice is something I avoid.
  • BMW6Series
    Options
    1. Brown Rice steamed with some nice Indian food on it.
    2. Spanish Rice