What's your workout pet peeves?

Options
lkdad_nagy
lkdad_nagy Posts: 44 Member
I workout at home and have a family with lil ones sooo with that said mine would be
-Whinny, bickering, fighting kids in the background
-When my kids interrupt me every 5 minutes to help them with something
-When my son sits on the couch and pulls a stewie from family guy and says mom, mom over and over and over
- this one I really hate when someone comes in the room and farts
-and the last one and this is probably a lil to much tmi but having to stop in the middle of a really good cardio work because your body all of a sudden decides it needs to go pee or poop

So what's your pet peeves???? At home or at the gym.

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    bad internet connection
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    When I go outside, start my run and find it out its way warmer than I expected and then feel like dying the entire time.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    When I fall short of my goal for that day
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    The fact that it doesn't matter when I workout, if I do it when my kids are awake my one year old always poops mid-workout. So mine would have to be having to stop the workout to change a poopy diaper.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    The fact that it doesn't matter when I workout, if I do it when my kids are awake my one year old always poops mid-workout. So mine would have to be having to stop the workout to change a poopy diaper.

Glad we don't workout together because you'd still have that same problem
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hearing the weights slam down in the work gym because the lads have gone for the heaviest weight they can to impress the other lads, but have no control over it and they only do two and have to go for a drink.

Not being able to use the weights because the lads are either hogging the weights machine or have busted them

Free weights being left all over the place on the floor and on equipment in the work gym....

This is why I am building my own mini gym in the garden! ITS ALL MINE!!!!!
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hearing the weights slam down in the work gym because the lads have gone for the heaviest weight they can to impress the other lads, but have no control over it and they only do two and have to go for a drink.

Not being able to use the weights because the lads are either hogging the weights machine or have busted them

Free weights being left all over the place on the floor and on equipment in the work gym....

this

plus all the dorks that load up the bars with heavy weights and leave them on when they've finished
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    When someone is hogging the squat rack doing an exercise like arm curls or using horrible form.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options

this

plus all the dorks that load up the bars with heavy weights and leave them on when they've finished
    Oh! Also this! I hate that! I don't GAF how much the last person was able to lift, unload your damn weights! I'm no weakling, but I am very small and it's just disrespectful to make me unload your 300+ lb of plates just so I can do a warmup set of just the bar. *grumbles*
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have 2: The first one is when someone comes into the living room and just stares. I'm like either your going to join me or just watch the TV.

The 2nd is when I hear my joints popping. Then I become fixated on the sound my knee, legs and ankles are making.
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    When I go outside, start my run and find it out its way warmer than I expected and then feel like dying the entire time.

OMG I hate that...and running into the wind. I'd rather run in the rain
  • ShadeyC
    Options

This is absolutely my most hated thing. They HOG. Because they are big boys apparently and think they own the gym. And they only ever go in packs because they can't do anything without each other. I hate it when people hog stuff.
    It always amuses me when I walk past to get my weights and my leg muscles are bigger than theirs though because they only ever work their arms and chests.
    Dumbarses
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If I go to the gym and there is a whole row of empty workout machines, and that person picks the one riiiight next to me, it's one thing if it's crowded you expect it, but when there's not too many people i go into my own zone and feel like this farkin guy here is invading my space!!! lol

Plus when I workout at home my dog thinks I'm playing with him when I do jumping jacks, he will start to jump with me or push ups he decides to lick my face!!!
  • ShadeyC
    Options

this

Oh! Also this! I hate that! I don't GAF how much the last person was able to lift, unload your damn weights! I'm no weakling, but I am very small and it's just disrespectful to make me unload your 300+ lb of plates just so I can do a warmup set of just the bar. *grumbles*

YES, that.
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    when people interrupt or watch me (I also workout at home)
  • LauraBee96
    LauraBee96 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For me, its the downpour of rain when I'm not even half way through my run.
  • LauraBee96
    LauraBee96 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Ha ha yes it's occurred to me that one of my fitness goals is to have abdominals nice enough to bare if I had to take off my top during a very hot day.
  • alidavies50
    Options
    people grunting super loud and horking their spit up! yuck!
  • karlahere
    karlahere Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Eeeew. This this this.

My biggest pet peeve would be getting interrupted in a perfect plank by someone's foot on my back. Rawr.
  • ShadeyC
    Options
    Eeeew. This this this.

My biggest pet peeve would be getting interrupted in a perfect plank by someone's foot on my back. Rawr.

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! Who did that to you???? Did you knee cap them immediately!!!???