How do you abstain from eating the chocolate in the fridge?

Options

Replies

• scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    don't buy it :-D
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Don't buy or just don't eat it. It's really that simple!
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    DONT HAVE CHOCOLATE IN THE FRIDGE. simple as that.

If you cant see it you wont eat it, and if you live with others ask them to not put it anywhere that you can see it, if someone asked you if you want food tell them you are dieting and they will be more considerate next time :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I do not abstain.
    My reward for staying within my calorie allotment every day, is a Dove Dark Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt. Under 40 calories each and something I look forward to every day. Has worked for me so far.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    If I want it, I eat it, and make it fit. If I don't want it, I don't eat it, end of story. I know that that is not the last chocolate, sweet, baked good in the world, so by passing it up today, I'm not losing my one and only chance of ever eating something sweet and yummy again.
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I cant control myself after 1 bite. If i dont take any bites im fine. I try not to keep it in the house though.
  • brandyme
    brandyme Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am with the folks that say they don't keep it in the fridge. I don't keep "bad" chocolate in the house at all. I say "bad" chocolate but what I mean by that is the yummy kind that you can't get enough of (brownies, candy bars, cake, etc). Instead I keep healthier options around for when I have a chocolate craving (dark chocolate covered almonds, skim chocolate milk, etc).

I also never carry cash, so that limits any vending machine options when I'm on the go. :wink:
  • karlahere
    karlahere Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My reward for staying within my calorie allotment every day, is a Dove Dark Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt. Under 40 calories each and something I look forward to every day. Has worked for me so far.
    Sounds heaven-sent! BRB, Imma go look for some. :)
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    I have a bar of dark chocolate hanging around....1 cube of that kills of my sugar cravings :)

^^ This. I buy something that I really like, hide it from the kids, and have a square or two when I need something sweet/dessert-like. If I didn't do this I would probably find myself mindlessly munching on cookies or some other "treat" that my husband/kids have around sometimes.

But if you can't control yourself around it, you may be better not keeping it around and only purchasing an individual serving when you really want some.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I have terrible will power so when I can, I plan around it. I know when I go to my mom's she will have some type of cake or pastry and I will eat some of it - Ok I will probably have seconds too. I have tried the "eat healthy things before I go" or "bring healthy snacks". Yet I would still have some of her tasty pastry. So I just add some exercise in or cut out something else to have some calories for whatever I eat.

I have a different strategy for chocolate - Dove dark single servings. When I crave chocolate or if I have found that large Easter bunny in the back of the freezer, I can have a piece or two of the Dove chocolate and I am satisfied.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options

I just refuse the pies and ice cream and brownies and as for chocolate in the fridge, I never put any in there.

The OP is visiting another home.

This is the hardest thing for me as I'm a sugar addict.

You can try to gross yourself out, research how the chocolate is made and find something revolting about it. Remember that it's a glob of fat and a lot of advertising. Or resist it as a matter of pride.
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i eat a piece of chocolate every day after lunch at work. I don't count it in my diary and I am still losing weight. The one piece isn't going to hurt anybody. its the whole bag where you are going to have a problem :wink:
  • Dalker
    Dalker Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like to eat those mini chocolate bars at work for a snack. I have no willpower at home though so I have to keep all the sweets in the boot of my car. I'd quite easily raid the cupboards and eat a load of chocolate but going out to the car to find them seems like too much effort. Eating bad things tends to happen when I'm really horribly tired and then only when it's readily available. Keep it out of reach!
  • geddyp
    geddyp Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I usually forget I have some in the fridge but after seeing this thread, I ran to the fridge haha!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    If you have kids in the house, it's hard to be extremetly healthy all the time or even a husband/wife who buys things but moderation is the key and knowing you have to exercise it off if it put you outside of your calorie limit.

I buy the kids things I don't like and they do but when I am around a delicious brownie, my daughter made a scrumptious apple tart yesterday for her siblings...I have a little. After the first 2 bites, the rest is just sensory, not appetite. In the past, I rarely tasted a lot of sweets, I ate them too fast. Now I try to slow down and really taste it. If it's really special, a once a year, hard to make treat, hell with it, life is short, I'm not going to pot over this cookie or slice of cake.

Even Jillian Michael's said she eats 2 dark chocolate squares a day and Poppers instead of chips (which she partly owns I must say)

I try not to have anything I can't eat in the house, sweets others bring in work or over Mom's, I decline or taste if I really like it. The taste doesn't get you in trouble, it's the inability to just do that...if you can't, I just respectively decline and state my weak self=control at this time. I told my mother once, I just worked out and burned approximately 300 calories....I don't want to put back an hour of work with 3 bites of pecan pie. She understood.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Well, most of the time I don't keep chocolate around because I know I am weak when it comes to chocolate. If there is something sweet here that I crave though, I either have just a bite and move on or I don't have it at all. I control myself by reciting in my head, or out loud if possible, all the reasons I wrote down for why I want to lose the weight.

Make a list of your reasons, and read it when you feel weak. Then tell yourself, literally out loud tell yourself, you can do this and you did not get there overnight so you are not going to lose the weight overnight but you're doing good and you will succeed. Each time you use this technique it gets easier to walk away from whatever food it is.
  • changemymind
    Options
    Well if you really want it work out the calories and exercise so you burn off double the amount. Then you won't feel guilty.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Eat less
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    I have a bit of chocolate every day with my yogurt and granola for breakfast. I used to have terrible sugar cravings all day long and once I started incorporating it into my diet rather than looking at it as the enemy I've been much happier and I crave it less
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    At home I don't keep any here, I keep frozen yogurt with some little bits of choc in it that I have once a day only & it helps with the choc cravings if they hit. If I go somewhere else I just refuse to eat it. I am not letting someone else's bad food choices mess with my head. However if I crave something REALLY bad, it usually is chocolate, I keep milk chocolate frosting here & I eat half a serving of that. Totally knocks out the craving & is as good as a chocolate bar. If I don't do that, I am afraid I will just go overboard next time.