i am 5'5"

start weight : 189 lbs

lowest weight : a skinny fat 109 lbs

current weight : a fit 121lba

Goal weight: a toned 130 lbs
  • reflexchristine
    reflexchristine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". The British National Health Website (NHS) advises that a person who is is 5'5" should weigh 137lbs so that's what I'm aiming for. Have 7lbs to go and I think this will suit me. Although these last few pounds seem to be the hardest to lose. Good luck!
  • crazylilrae
    crazylilrae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and currently weighing in at 209. My goal weight to start is 150. Ultimately, I would like to slim down to 130 as that is the recommended weight for my height. After many years of being this heavy, I will be ridiculously happy to weigh in the 170's again!!
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'6" was at about 165 at my heaviest, started MFP at 155 and want to be at 135. I'd be happy with 140 too if I went back up after my goal weight.

I was at about 125 once at the same height, and I was told by some people that I looked too skinny, so I don't want to be any lower than 130. I like being curvy and would rather be curvy and toned than just skinny.
  • flowergirl45
    flowergirl45 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 51, 5.5. I started at 251. I'm going to see how I feel at 140. I graduated high school and college at 118 but I had food issues and was obsessed with not gaining weight. Then it was about being noticed by the boys and being accepted.

Now it is about taking care of my health and being fit so I can enjoy life. If I do this, I can take care of my family and help others.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    5'6", 119 lbs, 18% bf.

After marathon season is over will get back to lifting heavy and attempt a bulk. Looking to add about 5-7 lbs of muscle and reduce bf%.
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    5'5.5"
    Weight: 114
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 30 years old, 5'5", and mother to 5 children. My highest weight, when I gave birth to my 2nd child, was 225. I am currently below my original goal weight of 127, at 125. I started incorporating weights in February of this year and have loved the results! I have been fluctuating from 124 to 127 the last couple of months. But as long as I like how I look and can wear my clothes weight is not a big deal.
    Oh yeah, I tend to carry all my extra around my hips & thighs.
  • nataschalouise
    Options
    5'5 here, Currently 169 (was 178), goal to get to 135 via a mix of hiit, cardio, and some weight training, and then seriously tone up after that. Any body fat weight loss then is an added bonus.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    5ft, 6 in and 34 yrs old

original goal weight was 135lbs (started in the 170s)
    currently I'm at 122lbs and in maintenance, though I've continued to lose a bit here and there.
  • melimama2
    melimama2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4" and currently 143...My goal is 135. When I'm fit I have a more athletic type build...straight hips, thicker legs...I don't think anything lower than that would be maintainable for me. We'll see where I end up though...the weight has come off pretty easy so far so I may end up lower than that.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I am 28, currently 150lbs. I'm a size 8 but am looking to go down to a comfortable size 6 maybe 4, we'll see. I don't care about weight, I care about bf%.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    5'6", 31 years old and about 129 lbs right now. Got as low as 125lbs earlier this year, which I think is a pretty good weight for me, but I'm focusing more on body composition now rather than weight. I recommend having your body fat % tested and using that for your goals rather than the weight on the scale.

About 20% body fat at the moment, hoping to get down to 17.5%-18%

Typically wear a size 4 bottoms, heavier on bottom than top.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    5'5 117lbs. 46 years old
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    5'5 and weigh 140lbs. Not really sure if I want to weigh less, just set to 0.5lb loss per week so will see how that goes but I'm more focused on how I look now.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm 35, 5'6" and 144. Not sure of a goal weight, aiming more toward lowering my BF% which is at 29% right now.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 5, weight 147, ultimate goal is 135, but I'd be happy with anything between 135 and 139. I was 126 once and people looked at me with pity, I looked unwell
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    5' 5" tall, 176 CW; looking to get around 145-150.
    I am 58 years old so getting to the 120-130 range, for me, is not going to happen. I also have a larger bone structure at lower than that I look sickly.

I am with a few others ... fit over skinny.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and currently 154. I'd be happy to get to 145.
  • annstan12
    Options
    I am 5'5, 156, but that's what I am working on! I was 137 before and happy with that!