I have never done workout Vids, thinking about T25?

Options
2»

Replies

• mike_usmc
    mike_usmc Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow all your personal opinions of it don't sound to bad and I might just have to give it a try. Only reason I stepped away from it, is due to me literally having to force myself to do Insanity day after day. I dont like work outs like that. I do like to feel a burn and being sore lets me know I've accomplished something. I may have to look into this. Thanks for all the personal experiences.
  • CFam5
    CFam5 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have never tried the one you're talking about but I have tried Jari Love's videos and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! She does simple weight training with free weights and it's easy and I feel & see the results. I bought a collection online that had four different videos in the pack so I wouldn't get bored. Just FYI :)
  • IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Place the order for T25, NOW. You won't regret it.
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    Wow all your personal opinions of it don't sound to bad and I might just have to give it a try. Only reason I stepped away from it, is due to me literally having to force myself to do Insanity day after day. I dont like work outs like that. I do like to feel a burn and being sore lets me know I've accomplished something. I may have to look into this. Thanks for all the personal experiences.

I know what you're talking about here. Only on week 2 of T25 but completed Insanity 2X's. When you have it in your head, "Geezus, I have to make it through the "10 Minute" Insanity warm-up phase BEFORE getting to the meat...." it can be a bear to stay motivated. T25 and Insanity are similar in spirit but a lot different. With that "10 Minutes" of pain you're 40% done! Very easy to stay motivated with "it's only 25 minutes"!

I think it's also a good program which you could easily add a resistance program to before or after the T25 workout (at least that's my plan after I go through it one time).
  • pepbrow
    pepbrow Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,

I spent 25 years in the Marine Corps. During my career I did 2 tours as a Drill Instructor. Of course, at this point, being 53, I've had to adjust my workout.

I was a runner for over 33 years, and I started doing T-25 while in Hawaii (working). I'm doing the Beta cycle at this point, but there is something else, I actually look forward to the video, not just for the workout, but you kind of get to know something about those in the video. So, it's like being with friends. Don't get me wrong, it's just how I perceive the whole experience. I sometimes spend weeks away from my family, and the video kind of makes me feel like I'm seeing people I know on a daily basis.

Anyway, after 11 weeks (I spent 8 weeks in Alpha-I just thought I needed to), I can see and feel the results. I am 5' 10", and pretty solid, so what I see is my abs being more pronounced, and my weight management (keep in mind I'm 53). I don't eat the recommended diet, but I workout hard, and I love it.

I stopped running completely. No more pain in my knees, ankles, and hips, and I still am pretty muscular and hard looking (per my ex).

So, I say do it. I've done triathlons, biathlons, and a few marathons during my career as a Marine. Not interested in doing any of that any more, just want to stay for fit for my daughters and grandchildren.

I do some mountain biking, and hiking, other various physically demanding things, but T-25 is my staple.

Oh, I am not being paid to say any of this:smile:
  • maryjmac1
    maryjmac1 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have tried both Insanity and T25. I have been working out and doing some sort of activity before both. I tried Insanity first. I could only get through the first two weeks of it and I would just stop doing it. It was too intense for me.

I love T25. I really enjoy the workouts. They are just the right level of intensity for me and the time is great. I finished Alpha round just before I had to stop for a surgery. I am currently exercising at the gym until I can do the higher intensity in T25 again.

A huge difference between the two is that T25 has modifiers for the moves. Insanity is all or nothing. Most of the time I do the regular moves but there are some that I need to modify. No shame in that :)