I think Jillian Michaels has created a monster

Options
So yeah that happened. That being my workout schedule. I am currently doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution in the morning and I am on day 27. In the afternoons I do the 30 day shred (also on day 27). I have so much energy and endurance. I know I won't be doing this everyday, but I felt good so I kept going. I also did a zumba class, some walking, and just finished an ab circuit thanks to Fitness Blender on Youtube. Tomorrow is my rest day which is still an hour of stretching, day 28 of the 30 day shred and another zumba class. Today was a good day.

Replies

• npruitt99
    npruitt99 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! I aspire to be that active one day. You go girl! I felt drugged all day, I was groggy and exhausted. I need your energy!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my rest day which is still an hour of stretching, day 28 of the 30 day shred and another zumba class.
    That doesn't sound like a rest day at all! :tongue:

I started with JM workouts too, and once I could walk again after that first workout, I found myself craving more. I loved the new found strength, endurance and flexibility I had - it was fabulous! But don't forget to take a day off - stretching is one thing, go for a walk, and easy bike ride, etc - you don't have to be a couch potato to rest - but give your muscles a break at least once a week. They'll thank you for it!
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm around 300 pounds. Would it be better to start with 30DS or the new Body Revolution workout? Is one harder than the other? I have to keep it pretty low-impact, but I have decent strength and flexibility since I swim and do Turbo Jam pretty often.
  • SierraZulu
    Options
    Way to go!! I'm on L2D5 30DS, mixing in some kickboxing fast fix and yoga meltdown and just ordered Body Revolution! Should come on Friday. Any tips?
  • missyahall2
    missyahall2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm around 300 pounds. Would it be better to start with 30DS or the new Body Revolution workout? Is one harder than the other? I have to keep it pretty low-impact, but I have decent strength and flexibility since I swim and do Turbo Jam pretty often.

I would say start of with body revolution. The first level of 30DS has 2 sets of jumping jacks and for a big girl I struggled with every jump. The first week of body revolution felt more like a training course of what's to come. I finishing the first month and can get through it relatively easy.
  • missyahall2
    Options
    Tomorrow is my rest day which is still an hour of stretching, day 28 of the 30 day shred and another zumba class.
    That doesn't sound like a rest day at all! :tongue:

I started with JM workouts too, and once I could walk again after that first workout, I found myself craving more. I loved the new found strength, endurance and flexibility I had - it was fabulous! But don't forget to take a day off - stretching is one thing, go for a walk, and easy bike ride, etc - you don't have to be a couch potato to rest - but give your muscles a break at least once a week. They'll thank you for it!

I know right. I'm on beast mode. I'm more than likely going to cancel Zumba because I have a feeling I'm going to be super sore tomorrow after all the work I did today. If I feel good then I will keep it up.
  • missyahall2
    Options
    Way to go!! I'm on L2D5 30DS, mixing in some kickboxing fast fix and yoga meltdown and just ordered Body Revolution! Should come on Friday. Any tips?

I only had 3lb and 5lb weights to start. She does not allow for modified jumping jacks so prepare for that (jumping jacks are my kryptonite). I'm up to using 8lb wieghts and will hopefully move up to 10lb by the last four weeks. Take your time and remember to use a flat back or things will hurt. Have fun!
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

I only had 3lb and 5lb weights to start. She does not allow for modified jumping jacks so prepare for that (jumping jacks are my kryptonite). I'm up to using 8lb wieghts and will hopefully move up to 10lb by the last four weeks. Take your time and remember to use a flat back or things will hurt. Have fun!

And DO NOT forget a good sportsbra. Seriously, your " girls'' will be forever grateful.
  • missyahall2
    Options
    ^^^WHAT SHE SAID^^^. I actually wear 2.
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This thread is really getting me interested in JM Body Rev. I had heard it's good for losing pounds but not so much for the lifting . . any opinions on that? I want to loose some belly fat at this point but am also really interested in having some definition in my arms!
  • jnagy9886
    jnagy9886 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just finished week two of 30DS and I've seen significant inch lose in my waist. I love Jillian Michaels, don't know where I'd be without her!
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Haha on the sports bras! I did a zumba class last night with the WRONG bra because it was the only one that was clean. I thought I was going to hit myself in the face with them!!!

Wiith all this talk of 30 day shred I'm getting kind of tempted to try it myself!!!! We'll see :)
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    and that monster is me!! :D

I absolutely love JM! I was never active before I "met" her now i yearn for her haha!!

Great job on being so active and owning it! You rock :)
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels drives me crazy... She's so annoying... Work out dvds in general bore me to death though.
  • SierraZulu
    Options

And DO NOT forget a good sportsbra. Seriously, your " girls'' will be forever grateful.

LOL!!! Learned that the hard way on 30DS! Went shopping! Hahaha! Thanks for the advice! :)
  • SierraZulu
    Options
    ^^^WHAT SHE SAID^^^. I actually wear 2.

Thank you for all your tips! :) There should be a caution re: the beating the "girls" are gonna take on her workouts! Jumping is not friendly!! LOL
  • annempg
    annempg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same here! I was Completely sedentary when I discovered 30 day shred over two years ago. Now, I am "addicted" to my workouts, I still do JM's DVDs and I am also a runner. I feel so full of energy now... I will never go back to where I was before.
  • FatLossFactor
    Options
    Jillian's Total Body Workout is quite additive -- I can't think of a better way to lose the extra pounds:smile: !
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Seems like you are having fun. I say WHY NOT! I agree, not something you can ALWAYS do, but WERK IT!!