Ab workouts with a bad back?

MTDork87
MTDork87 Posts: 205
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey Everyone,

So I have a bad back but I want to incorporate ab toning into my exercise cycle. I use Netflix mostly to get workout DVDs to use and all of the ab workouts I've seen so far are on the floor and that really messes with my back. Does anyone know of any good DVDs or exercises in general that have standing ab workouts or ones that are easy on the lower back?

Thanks!

Replies

• SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Turbo Jam Ab Jam, you might be able to find it on amazon. it has 10 min standing abs, 10 min floor.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    There are some exercises you can probably do with a toning band or resistance tubes. One that I saw is in Turbo Fire and you hold both end of a resistance tube in one hand on the side and bend sideways in the opposite direction to tone the obliques. Or if you hold the resistance bands in front of you and bend forward, it's like doing crunches standing up.
  • Hi, I have bad disc at L4 and L5, I've thrown a disc drying off after a dip it the pool. Balanceball for weight loss with Suzanne Deason. Got it from Gaiam. It has 3 sections so you can do 1, 2 or all 3. Hope that helps.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Check with your local physical therapists and see if you can get an evaluation and exercise plan specific for you. They can show you what moves you can make without agravating any current issues. You will be able to do different moves depending on where your issues are in your back. Ask them about resistance bands and yoga forms too.
This discussion has been closed.