My routine: 30 day shred and BFBM!

Options
I started 30 day shred about a week ago and I can already tell a difference! I'm stronger and I feel like I look more lean (but that can't be possible already, right???). And today I did Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and oh man, that was tough. Is anyone else doing these?

I wrote about my routine a bit more in a blog post if you want to know more! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bluesmoosh/view/my-exercise-routine-564998

Replies

• Emmienz
    Emmienz Posts: 29
    Options
    Ive just got the 30ds dvd and am going to do my first work out after work today ! ... looking forward to it!
  • bluesmoosh
    Options
    It's intense but doable. For me the first time wasn't too bad but the second hurt! I try not to pause for more than a few seconds at a time. Good luck! :)
  • Emmienz
    Emmienz Posts: 29
    Options
    Day 1 level 1 done! as you said it was intense but doable I paused twice for few second (but one of them was tell Mr 4 to go back to be lol) ! think im going to feel it more tomorrow with sore muscles but will push threw :)
  • bluesmoosh
    Options
    Good for you! You'll hurt tomorrow but push through it, it gets easier faster than you expect!
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    hey guys, please join us in our group. lots of threads and motivation

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15582-jillian-michaels-workout-group
  • bluesmoosh
    Options
    Will do! Thanks!
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS yesterday. It was tough, but doable. I can't do pushups to save my life, so I cheated and did wall pushups - same move, just less pressure on the wrists (and therefore less weight)

I'm having an awkward time with stairs, sitting down, and standing up... and like a glutton for pain I'm looking forward to Day 2 tonight.
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I actually just started a similar routine. I am alternating BFBM and No More Trouble Zones which is the compliment to Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (same length of time, but strength training rather than cardio). I have been burning between 550 to 650 calories each work out and I am definitely working my muscles. I like the idea that I'm getting both cardio and strength training in each week.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Started 30 DS again recently myself. Today should have been day 6 but yesterday and today I have been so sick I did not wke up to do them and yesterday I passed out for the night as soon as I got home. Sucking down Ginger and Lemon tea today... we'll see how I feel when I get home. I'd love to say it WILL happen, but I don't get sick often and when I do it is never pretty. I am also adding in Killer Abs when I have the time.
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i started bfbm in april.. It was hard and challenging!I love it though.. I had a hard time getting past the 1st circuit at times.. now here it is August, and I can finish the whole thing with much more ease.. It has made me stronger and much more endurance.. I was doing NMTZ too.. I love it! I started to do some fitnessblender exercises now to break up the workouts.. there is some excellent ones on there! I've done the killer abs on jillian michaels workouts and its awesome as well! good luck! stick with it..it does get easier!
  • msmariimac
    msmariimac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just picked up a similar routine - I'm alternating BFBM and No More Trouble Zones. The workouts are challenging but seeing the amount of calories burned is definite motivation. Looking forward to my final results! Good luck to you :)