please share your weekly exercise routine :)

Options
2»

Replies

• itcanbedone13
    Options
    bump for later
  • hazelground
    Options
    Wow! Lots of input, thanks guys
    Having read through everything I can say that everyone works out really hard here. I guess my problem is too much, too early.
    Going forward I'll stick to about 45 min in total per day as opposed to about 80-90 now. I really need consistency as I move along.
  • hazelground
    Options
    Try and get a balance with the gym, set small goals at first, rather than thinking I have loads of weight to lose and I want to lose it fast, so I am going to hammer the gym.

This is what I did and it did me no favours. I was doing cardio everyday for 2 hours, intense classes such as BodyCombat, Spinning, BodyAttack etc. In the finish I felt so weak and literally like I'd ran myself into the ground.

I now have amended my gym routine, I still go everyday but don't smash the cardio everyday.

Monday - Pilates & Les Mills BodyBalance
    Tuesday - Spinning
    Wednesday - BodyBalance
    Thursday - Spinning & Yoga
    Friday - Pilates
    Saturday - Les Mills BodyStep
    Sunday - Pilates & Balance

This week I've lost 3lbs, following a 1400cal a day programme, eating back some exercise calories, depending on how hungry I am.

Try and encorporate some lower intensity exercises, I used to think unless I'm dripping it's not a good workout, I was mistaken, I am noticing changes in my body still.

Listen to your body xx

What's Body Balance?
    1400 cal is a bit low for me though. I've got a hard exam coming up and all the preparation seems to be making me more hungry :(
    Also I like your routine, Good inspiration.
  • Rychina
    Rychina Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi , I am currently in week 6 day 4 of Focus T 25 , a great total body fitness routine . Today was dynamic core and I burned 206 calories in 28 minutes
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Doing P90X and walking 20 miles a week.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I'm following the programs in New Rules of Lifting Supercharged but incorporating some Power Cleans and snatches into it and adding a little more core work. The authors have you do metabolic training at the end but I usually ride my bike to the gym and then take a long route home giving me around 8-10 miles of cycling after the 1 hour workout. That is 3 days a week. 2 days a week I run 1-1.5 miles and then do an interval run back where I run all out for 30 seconds and then walk for either 30 seconds or 1 minute. During the work week, I walk a few times throughout the day for 10-15 minutes at a time and get about 2 miles in.
  • Ribbon35
    Ribbon35 Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow! Everyone's exercise routines sound great! I'm back to work full time so I try to walk every night with the baby (15 pd baby & 15-20 pd stroller) I walk 40 min with many small dips/hills & one large steep hill at the end back to my house- its a great workout & what I can fit in at this time! Its working for me :)
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My exercise routine is to cycle commute 44 miles, 5 days a week.
    22 miles into work (roughly 1hr 30mins to 1hr 40mins) and then 22 miles home.

Then either a very relaxed weekend or a long slow ride for 3-6hrs on Saturday and a very lazy Sunday.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    just wondering whether I do something wrong in my exercise routine because on some days I end up completely out of breath and can feel pain either in one of my knees or foot sole or hip.

*snip*

what's your weekly routine - in terms of time, nature of exercise and average calories burned? Can you share some of your successes and drawbacks from your exercising experience? For me this all has been a steep learning curve :) thanks!

What we do will won't address the first part of this, just FYI.

To your question, though... I'm still in race season, so I lift twice a week (push one day, pull the second). I get in 1 long run, 1 long ride, and 1 bike/run brick each week. I swim if/when I have time. What I do which day varies with weather, work schedule, my kids' schedules, etc.

• nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm currently training for a marathon in October. My run distances vary based on the training program.

Monday: Off
    Tuesday: Run, squats and plank
    Wednesday: Cross Train (usually bike or spin class or swimming) and weights
    Thursday: Run- speed work
    Friday: Cross Train and/or yoga
    Saturday: Long slow run- this varies anywhere from 14-20 miles depending on training week
    Sunday: Short run (2mi usually) and yoga
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I do Stronglifts, so I lift 3 times a week for about 30 mins, HIIT 3 times a week for 20ish minutes, sometimes I'll need to relax and I'll go for long slow paced runs, and always at least a day off
  • lcbowz
    lcbowz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I work at 7:30 so I exercise at home. Occassionally I go to the gym for Turbokick (LOVE IT) in the evening.
    When I first started in June I just walked 30 mins outside. As the weather became more hot and humid, I moved to walking on my treadmill in my exercise room. Then, I started 30DS. Two weeks ago, I added walking after the 30DS (I need to get my good cholesterol up). Now my routine 5-6 days per week is:

5:00-5:30 - 30DS using 3lb weights (just completed! - tomorrow I'll start Ripped in 30).
    5:30-6:00 - Walk on treadmill 3.5-3.7 mph.

I think you are working extremely hard, which is great if you're used to it. It is important to get a good night's sleep also. Remember, slow and steady wins the race! Good luck!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    M - Lift: biceps, shoulders, legs 20 min cardio: 30 min
    T - lift : triceps, back,bum 20 min cardio: swim time depends on if I have the kid with me or not
    W - abs (pilates, or lotte berk method) no cardio
    Th - Lift: B,S,L 30 min Cardio: zumba 30 min
    F - Lift: T,B,B Cardio: swim

weekends are left organic, long walks with the dog, swim in the ocean, geocaching, going to try paddle boarding next weekend. always something active
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Monday - AM usually try to hit the gym and do about 30 to 45 minutes on the elliptical or similar machine and then 15 minutes of lifting. PM - 2 hours of roller derby practice

Tuesday - Depending on how tired I am from derby, AM go to the gym and 30 minutes elliptical and about 20 minutes swimming. PM 2 hours of roller derby practice

Wednesday - PM Been doing the hour long zumba class at my gym, I enjoy it cause I like to dance :)

Thursday - Try to do 30 to 45 minutes of varied cardio and then lifting.

Friday - 30 to 45 elliptical 20 minutes swimming

Saturday - It varies - sometime I go to the gym, sometimes it's a walk/bike ride with the kiddos or one of the daytime classes at my gym. Sometimes it's a roller derby bout (which I have one this Saturday in Chicago and we are going to get our butts handed to us!!)

Sunday REST

I sometimes will take an extra rest day during the week depending on how tired I am. Today it's likely that I won't get to the gym and I'm okay with that too :)
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    I run everyday for 1.5 miles, unless there is a thunderstorm. My legs are a lot toner than before. I try to hit the gym twice a week for strength training.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I do at least an hour of a combination of these exercises:

Run/Walk 2.5-3 miles
    Kettlebell training
    Hip Hop Abs
    30 Day Shred
    Zumba
    Arc Trainer
    Eliptical
    Treadmill
    Rowing Machine

I workout 6 days a week.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    In my transformation from 200ish lbs to 140

Monday: weight training (deadlift, chin ups weighted)
    tuesday: rest
    wednesday: weight training (bench press, push ups)
    thursday: rest
    friday: weight traiining (squats)
    sat: rest
    sun: rest

3 days a week 30-45 mins, no cardio

<
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I agree with others who say you're doing too much. I think your new plan to workout 45 minutes at a time is much better.

I currently run 2-3 times a week for 30 minutes. On the days in between, I do 20-30 minutes of strength exercises. I do everything at home in the mornings because I don't have time to go to the gym.