Go to lunches?

Options
What are you go-to lunches? I bring my lunch to work everday, and I'm in a rut. I usually have a salad and hummus sandwich. I need some creative ideas!

Replies

• beesus
    Options
    When I'm feeling bored I la la love Trader Joe's chicken pot-stickers! It's a lot of bang for your caloric buck, and pairing it with some spinach and tomato makes for a delightful little food retreat.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Turkey sandwiches. lower in calories than other lunch meats.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I brought my lunch with me today: last night's supper which was chili.. really good, lots of protein and low cal if you make it right!
  • Mama_Bug
    Options
    When I'm feeling bored I la la love Trader Joe's chicken pot-stickers! It's a lot of bang for your caloric buck, and pairing it with some spinach and tomato makes for a delightful little food retreat.

I've never had them before. I'll have to check them out next time I'm there. Thanks for the tip!!!:happy:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I make my own lunches most of the time. I only do salads occassionally. Today I had some rice, lentils, salsa and cheese. Other days I make a wrap with some laughing cow spreadable cheese, a bit of chicken and vegies. Lean Cuisine Buttternut squash is tasty when I haven't made something. Leftovers of course. I also like to make a mexican pizza with a corn meal crust or rice rust. But I am gluten free so my options are not quite as large as yours will be. But I do love butternut squash ravioli MMMM.

Another one is split pea soup, and yams with pine nuts and a bit of brown sugar.
  • mikeivb
    mikeivb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'll usually have some variation of meat or fish/rice/veggies. Good levels and keeps me full for at least a few hours