IS THIS HELPING ME ?

Options
shadow997
shadow997 Posts: 31 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
started back on MFP and the gym my main goal is to do 30 minutes (right now) of ellptical but i've added some weights, i do 5-7 weight meachines before, doing 3 set of 10 with not much time between reps about 10-15 seconds and 30-45 seconds bewteen machines. so am i getting anything out of it ?

thanks
fat and 50

Replies

• HittinMyGoals
    HittinMyGoals Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, you are getting something out of it. You are moving and exerting energy so I say nice work and keep it up. If you are doing 3 sets of 10 with pretty much no rest I would say use more weight for those sets and you will "feel" that you are getting something out of it. I workout similar to you. I do about 7 lifts in a period of a hour super setting everything. Barely ever stopping to rest. Anyway, moving more and not seating on the couch is alway good.
  • scottix111
    Options
    yes well done just remember no matter how hard it gets still doing better then anyone who isnt and after a while of cardio id say try some HIIT its really good helped me shed a stone in like 4 1/2 weeks so well done and keep it up
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Will you be getting something out of it? Sure

Can you get more out of your time? Sure

Start using a barbell (free weights) & ditch the machines.
  • shadow997
    shadow997 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    started back on MFP and the gym my main goal is to do 30 minutes (right now) of ellptical but i've added some weights, i do 5-7 weight meachines before, doing 3 set of 10 with not much time between reps about 10-15 seconds and 30-45 seconds bewteen machines. so am i getting anything out of it ?

thanks
    fat and 50

i do this everytime im at the gym m-th and sat

thanks
This discussion has been closed.