Tips on Abs

Options
Hey everyone! I was hoping for a little advice on toning abs and love handles. I've gone from 183 to 124 and am pretty happy with my body, except of course for my abs and love handles. It seems like no matter what I do they won't get any smaller. I eat mostly clean, I do cardio and circuit training at least 3-4 times per week. I've been stuck at 124 for almost 2 months now, which wouldn't bother me if I could get these trouble areas toned. I know you can target weight loss to any particular area, but was hoping for some exercise tips for abs and love handles that have been successful for you. Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    re-evalute your calorie intake- with that kind of weight loss what you are eating for "weight loss" might be closer to maintance for you right now.

That being said

planks
    plank up dows
    dragon flags
    hollow hold
    renegade rows
    pallof press
    russian twists

all great for ab work- but you know you can't spot reduce. :D
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I agree with JoRocka that perhaps you should adjust your calorie goals if you have not done so in the last 10-15 pounds. Planks, and all the millions of variations are excellent for your core. As are twisting exercises. Also, if you're no doing bigger, compound lifting, you may want to give it a shot. Things like OHP and squats really engage your core, using it to keep you balanced. It may just be the last place you lose fat is your middle. If you continue to eat at a small deficit and make sure to do heavier resistance training, you may lose that last bit of fat while preserving muscle to help you get the look you want.
  • alhunt8587
    alhunt8587 Posts: 157
    Options
    Thanks to you two for the workout tips! I wouldn't really want to take my calorie intake any lower, though. It is at 1250 calories per day right now. Any lower would be too little in my opinion.