First Half Marathon!

Options
I had never run until August 13,2012. Since then, I've run 2 10Ks, a 10 mile race and most recently, my first haf marathon!
First half marathon! August 10, 2013
fc9f2a88-09f7-46ae-ba86-26cbacc4633b_zps2eab8046.jpg

Replies

• forthehungergames
    Options
    This is fantastic!! CONGRATS on your races and especially that half marathon!!
    Are you planning to run a marathon??
  • danielbwest
    danielbwest Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic!! CONGRATS on your races and especially that half marathon!!
    Are you planning to run a marathon??

Yes! I want to run a couple more half marathons first, but I eventually do want to run a marathon! The training, nutrition,etc...is different, but I want to take on the challenge.
  • billuaa
    billuaa Posts: 56
    Options
    GREAT accomplishment!
  • MMoriarty2013
    Options
    Great job, congratulations! :glasses:
  • KGill67
    KGill67 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You ran the Sea Wheeze - awesome! I've heard that it is a very popular race, and for good reason. If I ever go completely insane and decide to do a half marathon, the Sea Wheeze will be it!
  • scottjohnsonbcc
    scottjohnsonbcc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well done! Sounds like you're on a similar timeline as me - first ever 5K Sep, 2012, planned first 1/2 marathon Sep. 2013, which bunches of 5K's, and various others in between. Must say though that the training for the 1/2 marathon is definitely much more mental than physical at this point. I'm frankly just plain bored by the end of the run and ready to be done :) podcasts, music and changing up the routes helps, but only so much... the thought of running for over twice as long to get up to a marathon hurts my head, not my legs... But more power to ya if you're inspired for the full marathon! Best of luck!
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome, fellow Vancouverite!!!
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment...you should be so proud !!
  • srevels85
    srevels85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, congrats to you!! Running is such an awesome sport. Definitely a huge part of my life. Keep up the good work!
  • danielbwest
    Options
    You ran the Sea Wheeze - awesome! I've heard that it is a very popular race, and for good reason. If I ever go completely insane and decide to do a half marathon, the Sea Wheeze will be it!

The SeaWheeze was so much fun! The people, the spectators, everyone there made it so much fun to be a part of!
  • danielbwest
    Options
    That is so awesome, fellow Vancouverite!!!
    Thanks! I loved Vancouver! I'm looking forward to coming back next year!
  • danielbwest
    Options
    Thats awesome, congrats to you!! Running is such an awesome sport. Definitely a huge part of my life. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! Running has taught me so much about myself, and how far I can push myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!