Better than a sandwich - and only 125 calories (pics)

Options
jljohnson
jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
For lunch today, I decided to try something besides a boring sandwich. It's super easy and only 125 calories! This could also be a great appetizer for parties (less than 32 calories per piece).

118499_930.jpg

4 Old London Melba Sancks (any variety works, but mine are Spicy 3 Pepper. I've also used the Roasted Garlic, which is nummy too) - 50 calories

4 slices of Oscar Mayer Slow Roasted Roast Beef deli meat (again, you can substitute your favorite meat and adjust calories if needed) - 40 calories

1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Cheese (Mozzarella with Tomato and Basil shown here, but any varitey works) - 35 calories

Spread the cheese on the melba snacks and top with the meat. I can think of so many variations to this, that I don't see it getting old... different meats, cheese and cracker flavors, substitute veggies like tomato slices, broccolli slaw, peppers, cucumbers, etc for the meat. Have fun and enjoy!

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    that sound yummy
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    omg great idea !! that sounds so yummy!! i think i'll try that because i get tired of sandwiches & the whatnot.
  • redkoolayde
    Options
    I've been wanting to try that laughing cow........ This soundsl ike a great idea, thanks!
  • Menene
    Menene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!!! I am going to try it tonight. Thanks
  • redkoolayde
    Options
    Hello,

I've tried this myself. I used low sodium Sara Lee Deli Ham and Garlic Melba Toast with Laughing Cow Light Cheese and OH MY GOODNESS was it delicious.......... Thanks for the tip, I just ate and I am full....
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    I love this idea, I can take the ingredients to work and put it together there! The laughing cow cheese comes in several flavors too. Thanks for sharing.
  • e1ny
    e1ny Posts: 29
    Options
    I also love Suzie's thin rice cakes with hummus and ham on top. Low on calories but nice taste, especially with a light soup.