Counting Calories to Prove my Dr. Wrong

Options
Turns out that when you count calories it's amazing just how much sustaining life on a daily basis costs in terms of calories.
Jeez. ....

:tongue:

Replies

• sallyLunn
    Options
    It is amazing. People ask me, how did you loose weight? I always tell them, you have to count calories. Sometimes, I hate it, but mostly, I really like the results.
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I know people who have lost weight without counting calories but they usually gain it back. Counting calories is like magic. Want to turn it up a notch? Exercising 3 to 5 days a week does the trick.

The next time I see my doctor he's going to be beaming because he's an amazing doctor. That's why I picked him. He's going to be floating around on a cloud. I'll report back. Should be a great visit in about a month or so. Got a physical coming up.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My doctor is now recommending this site to his patients that want to lost weight. He was impressed when he saw me 3 weeks ago, and could even see more of a difference today! He is very impressed with the site!
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    I think its awesome that you are so excited about going to see your doctor and having see how well you are doing. It's like a kid who knows they have a really great report card coming. :smile:
  • sgssmile
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • smsummers
    Options
    I don't count calories but I do count sugars. I limit myself to 15grams of sugar a day and that is good sugars found in broccoli, lentils etc. I found that if you count sugars everything falls into line. I did calorie counting but even doing just that I was having 50-70 grams of sugar a day which is way too much. What ever works though is better than doing nothing.
  • MTDork87
    Options
    I talked about this in another forum, but I thought you might like the story too.

My regular doctor is AMAZING! She is totally supportive and kinda wonderful since I have to be in so often to see her because of some long-standing health stuff. So anyway, my cholesterol had gotten a bit high and I was so excited to get back in to see her after losing 20 lbs to see how the cholesterol was doing and to show off (hehe) but when I called for an appointment, her secretary said she wouldn't be available but her nurse practitioner would be. So I went in and this woman takes a quick glance at my chart and then looks me in the eye and says "you should really lose some weight." My jaw about hit the floor. My cholesterol had come back normal and at that point I was 5'2 and 140 lbs - only 5 lbs overweight according to the charts they use and I'm a curvy girl so I could have been at a "normal" weight for me. Then she went on to judging me for being on birth control because I live with my boyfriend of four years and also for drinking socially once a week.

Moral of the story? Keep those good doctors close! They are few and far between!